• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

THIS SUCKS!

Started by Lloyd Danforth, January 06, 2005, 08:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Added the email addresses to this:

Here are the reps for Hampton:

Representatives
District 15
   Russell D. Bridle       Republican      31.25%     F   rusty.bridle@leg.state.nh.us
   Sheila T. Francoeur  Republican     56.25%     D   sheila.francoeur@leg.state.nh.us, fran-she@rcn.com
   Thomas J. Gillick       Republican      37.50%     F 
   Michael  O'Neil          Republican     53.33%     D  mikeoneilnh@aol.com
   Nancy F. Stiles         (No info)                            nancy.stiles@leg.state.nh.us
Senators:
District 24
   Martha  Fuller Clark  (No info)  martha.fuller.clark@leg.state.nh.us  (H) (603)431-6626

jcpliberty

Quote from: katdillon on January 07, 2005, 03:09 PM NHFT
Added the email addresses to this:

Here are the reps for Hampton:

Representatives
District 15
   Russell D. Bridle       Republican      31.25%     F   rusty.bridle@leg.state.nh.us
   Sheila T. Francoeur  Republican     56.25%     D   sheila.francoeur@leg.state.nh.us, fran-she@rcn.com
   Thomas J. Gillick       Republican      37.50%     F 
   Michael  O'Neil          Republican     53.33%     D  mikeoneilnh@aol.com
   Nancy F. Stiles         (No info)                            nancy.stiles@leg.state.nh.us
Senators:
District 24
   Martha  Fuller Clark  (No info)  martha.fuller.clark@leg.state.nh.us  (H) (603)431-6626

Martha Fuller Clark is a Democrat.

Kat Kanning

Here's the LTE I just sent off:

Heartless Bureaucrats

It's unbelievable that the city of Hampton is harassing the Burbanks with a lawsuit over the building of an apartment, erected to keep their 95 year old aunt out of a nursing home.  To kick a 95 year old woman out of her home midwinter is heartless, inhumane and a lot of other adjectives I wont mention.  There isn't even anything wrong with the apartment the Burbanks constructed for their aunt.   They ruin these ladies lives merely for a lack of the proper paperwork. 

One of the reasons for declaring our independence from England was, "He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance."  Now we have our own swarms of petty bureaucrats making their living off of harassing innocent folks.  Why do we put up with it?   I for one will be at the protest planned for the Burbank's court date, January 25th.  Let these innocent ladies alone, you heartless bureaucrats!

Kat Dillon
Keene, NH 03431

Erethizon

Quote from: katdillon on January 07, 2005, 03:36 PM NHFT
Here's the LTE I just sent off:

Heartless Bureaucrats

It's unbelievable that the city of Hampton is harassing the Burbanks with a lawsuit over the building of an apartment, erected to keep their 95 year old aunt out of a nursing home.  To kick a 95 year old woman out of her home midwinter is heartless, inhumane and a lot of other adjectives I wont mention.  There isn't even anything wrong with the apartment the Burbanks constructed for their aunt.   They ruin these ladies lives merely for a lack of the proper paperwork. 

One of the reasons for declaring our independence from England was, "He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance."  Now we have our own swarms of petty bureaucrats making their living off of harassing innocent folks.  Why do we put up with it?   I for one will be at the protest planned for the Burbank's court date, January 25th.  Let these innocent ladies alone, you heartless bureaucrats!

Kat Dillon
Keene, NH 03431

I like it. Maybe if you expound a bit and send it to the Union Leader and Concord Monitor they might publish it or do a story on the Burbanks.

FTL_Ian

Talking about it on-air this hour.  I think I'll read your letter, Kat.

Ian

Michael Fisher

Here's mine:

Zone THIS!

Hampton's Building Inspector is trying to force Barbara Burbank to destroy an apartment she created in her home for her daughter and 95-year-old aunt.  Unbelievable!  I did not care about zoning laws until reading this news story, but now I have become an anti-zoning activist overnight.

Hampton Building Inspector Kevin Schultz must be out of his mind, even if he is backed up by Hampton's European-style AUTHORITARIAN zoning laws.  It is becoming clear that town governments around New Hampshire have ceased to be our servants and are quickly becoming our masters.  Town governments WILL learn to recognize and respect each individual's property rights at all times!

Leave Barbara Burbank and her family alone.  And let this serve as a warning to all other town governments and zoning boards around New Hampshire:  You work for the People.  The People do NOT work for you!

Mike Fisher
Newmarket, NH

Be aware that most Seacoast-area papers will not publish your LTE unless you put your full address and phone number at the bottom, even if you ask them not to publish that info.

Kat Kanning

Woohoo!  That's great, Mike!

I did include my address in the LTE, just didn't put it up on the forum.

Michael Fisher

Good!

Sent to:  Union Leader, Foster's, Seacoast Online

How can you send an LTE to the Portsmouth Herald, Hampton paper, Exeter Newsletter, etc?

Kat Kanning

OK, here's what I'm sending to the Reps for Hampton:

Dear Representative ______,

I am writing to you concerning a travesty of justice occurring in Hampton.  Barbara Burbank and her 95 year old aunt, Myrtle Woodward are being sued by the City of Hampton for zoning violations for a sum exceeding $100,000 and Ms. Woodward is facing demolition of her home.  The Burbanks, in an attempt to keep their family together and their aunt out of a nursing home had added an apartment for her.  No one should have to get a permit for a basic human necessity--providing shelter for one's family.  The Burbanks were attempting to do the right thing by caring for their aged aunt.  They should not be harassed by government agents for this humane act.  These ladies are facing having their lives ruin, and for what?  Did they harm someone?  No.  They are facing having their lives destroyed for the lack of the right government forms being filled out.  It is inhumane, blind bureaucratic nonsense.  Please, step forward as a protector of the innocent and stop this injustice.

Thank you,
Kathryn A Dillon
... Street
Keene, NH 03431
603-...

Lloyd Danforth

Great Letters Guys!
Jailbird

Kat Kanning

Representative Nancy Stiles replied:

"Thank you for your note.  I will look into it. NS"

FTL_Ian

Typical response.  Write her back and ask her to contact you again once she has done so, and that you'd like her opinion then.

Regards,
Ian