• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Feline Tax Resistance

Started by Friday, March 20, 2007, 06:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on June 01, 2008, 11:12 PM NHFT
Ivan ate my W-2 again this year.   ;D

Is the video of Ivan and the mouse available with a link?

TackleTheWorld

ByronB

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on June 03, 2008, 06:30 AM NHFT
They should be breeding these 'very special' cats

They must be related to these cats: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCcfymXQkM4

I want to get one of those after I get out of IL.

Lloyd Danforth

Friday

Quote from: Friday on June 01, 2008, 09:40 PM NHFT
I can't tell if he's anti-U.S. government, but he sure seems to have something against commies.
I've gained more insight into my cat Tommy's political views.

The other day, I received a plastic bag in the mail intended to entice people to donate old cell phones to "the troops" (what, they don't already have cell phones like every other 'Merican?)  I kept the bag on my desk, because I do have an old cell phone laying around and figured maybe I'd put it to use.  Well, Tommy, who really enjoys chewing on plastic bags and then vomiting up the plastic on the carpet later, hung out on my desk and chewed on the bag... right on the corner where the postage paid stamp was.  He ate at least half of the PP stamp.  Since there's no freaking way I'm PAYING to ship a cell phone to the troops, he effectively blocked my not-particularly-enthusiastic act of patriotism.  And I know he's not a pacifist, cuz he has no problems with fighting with my other cat.

They're ANARCHATS, I'm telling you!   :brave: :icon_cat:

Puke

First off, "the troops" aren't allowed to have cell phones in Iraq.
Also, American cellphones don't work on the Iraqi networks.

So I don't know where the hell those cell phones were going, but it seems rather pointless.

Friday

Quote from: Puke on January 10, 2009, 04:26 PM NHFT
First off, "the troops" aren't allowed to have cell phones in Iraq.
Also, American cellphones don't work on the Iraqi networks.

So I don't know where the hell those cell phones were going, but it seems rather pointless.
Interesting.  I just dug the bag out of the trash to take a second look at it.  It says, in big capital letters, CELL PHONES FOR SOLDIERS.  It's colored in red, white and blue, and has a picture of a guy in a helmet with gear on his back.  It has this URL on it:  www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com  The phones get shipped to Dexter, MI.

Jim Johnson

Dexter, MI is a destination of one of the shipping labels on the website.

It would be interesting to see what is actually happening to all of those phones.

Pat McCotter

http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/about.html
"The phones are sent to ReCellular, which pays Cell Phones for Soldiers for each donated phone – enough to provide an hour of talk time to soldiers abroad."

Jim Johnson

The freedom of exchange is a wonderful thing.   :)