• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Any laser printer techies here?

Started by SpeedPhreak, March 24, 2007, 02:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedPhreak

I have an okidata c5200 that I use to print my sublimation transfers with.  It uses a special silcon coated paper & special toner.

The problem I am getting is the image is coming out of the fuser & getting scratches on it.  The scratches are coming from the small plastic "fingers" that keep the paper from wraping around the fuser rollers.

I have tried different paper settings & tried adjusting my image... sometimes it comes out perfect other times is scratches.  There is also a "chattering" sound when the paper moves through the fuser that happens when the scratches occur.

any ideas?

aries

That sounds like some very specialized delicate equipment, you should talk to the manufacturer

SpeedPhreak

i did... both of them.  that is why I asked here... a last ditch effort.  i think its mostly a result of a very new process not being bug free before they took it to market... I found a way to work around it.. but its very frustrating.

powerchuter

sounds to me like you should try cleaning the rollers first...

there is the possibility that the coating on the paper is contaminating the surface of the roller by some sort of transfer possibly caused by heat or a chemical residue...

I've only used that particular model with standard papers without coatings...