• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

House Stars

Started by cathleeninnh, March 25, 2007, 08:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cathleeninnh

I am really getting curious as I see more and more houses with stars on them. Is this a fad? Is there a significance? Secret society?

Cathleen

Lloyd Danforth

I think they are some kind of decoration thing.

Russell Kanning

some farmers used them for something like good luck on barns .... I can't remember the whole story

Tom Sawyer

Lloyd Danforth

I think they are derived from the 'escusions'  or big washers on brick buildings where there have run rods from one wall to the next to keep the walls from spreading.

Kat Kanning

Pennsylvania Dutch luck symbol?

Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

My sister has one on her garage.  I recently found a 'starfish' shaped ashtray, about 1/5th the size of her star.   She is going to come home one day this week and think her star had a baby

Russell Kanning

I think most people use them nowadays for good luck.

Tom Sawyer

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 25, 2007, 09:04 AM NHFT
Satanism

Illuminati symbols, well that might be one and the same, huh?   :o

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 25, 2007, 09:34 AM NHFT
My sister has one on her garage.  I recently found a 'starfish' shaped ashtray, about 1/5th the size of her star.   She is going to come home one day this week and think her star had a baby

:laughing4:

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 25, 2007, 09:04 AM NHFT
some farmers used them for something like good luck on barns .... I can't remember the whole story

I see them on people's houses though and they don't even have barns. :-\

Vote Tyler Stearns

I have one on the hay loft door of my garage and a huge one hanging above the windows in my great room.  They're trendy, and like all the other fads I've gotten into over the years, I'll move on to something else soon, I'm sure.