• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Teachers/Administrators in Tears

Started by Kat Kanning, March 15, 2007, 12:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: Braddogg on March 15, 2007, 07:33 PM NHFT
Hey Jane, I think there are two different events y'all are talking about.  Kat's comments about the Republicans was in reference to a few months ago, when some people on the boards were saying that Kat and the rest of our Keene friends were responsible for the Republicans losing seats in government because the Keene-ites held signs saying that the Republicans supported torture.

I don't think Kat was trying to say the Republicans didn't do anything to stop the budget from passing.

And I didn't either.

Rocketman

Soundwave

Quote from: CNHT on March 15, 2007, 06:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Soundwave on March 15, 2007, 06:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 15, 2007, 03:37 PM NHFT
Jane, it was a joke.  Lighten up a little, eh?

If I'm not mistaken, it's a Keane reference, no? I actually started typing that, and then decided it wasn't worth it. Anyway, I thought it was funny.

If you mean Keene, we are talking about Keene yes, but I skipped over the 'joke' and added material about the Keene Taxpayers and was told to lighten up...don't know why, already had moved on from that post!

I meant Keane. I think she told you to lighten up because you got so serious about her republican party joke. Eh, doesn't matter.

CNHT

Quote from: Soundwave on March 15, 2007, 10:36 PM NHFT
I meant Keane. I think she told you to lighten up because you got so serious about her republican party joke. Eh, doesn't matter.

Well when you say Keane, other than Keene, I don't know what you are talking about sorry.

error

Keane is a mythical city in a mythical land called "The Shire," where everyone lives in peace and no government exists.

CNHT

dawn

Quote from: CNHT on March 15, 2007, 06:26 PM NHFT
The next thing is they are trying to get rid of SB2 as law. But notice that once voted in, no town has ever voted it out?

Maybe CNHT might want to suggest that the taxpayer groups start doing education about the indisputable advantages to the residents of SB2 now. And then make sure that it's on the ballot in as many non-SB2 towns as possible in 08.

Regarding the teachers in tears, please, please, please give me a break! I am disgusted by the hypocrisy of some (not all!) teachers. Out of one side of their mouths they state how they do it for the children, it's a calling, etc. etc. Until they don't get a contract! Then it's all about the money and they refuse to do anything the contract does not explicitly require and/or that they're getting compensated for. Curiouser and curiouser.

They complain about working 10 hour days. How many people in the private sector who work salaried jobs like teachers work 10+ hours per day??? How many take work home? How many take classes to better their chances of raises and promotions on their own time AND their own dime?

Time for a reality check - let's compare apples to apples - # of hours per worked day, # of days worked per year, compensation, health benefits, retirement benefits, education reimbursement, # of sick days given per year, # of vacation days given per year, etc.

CNHT

We are going to be doing workshops extolling the virtues of SB2 and how to get it on the ballot in your town and then educate people as to why they should vote for it.

dawn

Quote from: CNHT on March 20, 2007, 03:43 PM NHFT
We are going to be doing workshops extolling the virtues of SB2 and how to get it on the ballot in your town and then educate people as to why they should vote for it.
Awesome! Let me know what I can do to help!

Russell Kanning

CNHT

Quote from: dawn on March 22, 2007, 10:00 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on March 20, 2007, 03:43 PM NHFT
Awesome! Let me know what I can do to help!

People seem to want information about what it is and how to explain it to people to win them over.
The fact that it's never  been repealed is a good thing -- once they get it, they won't let it go even though some people have tried to repeal it.
You would be repealing the right to vote...

KBCraig

Quote from: mosesburnshaw on April 06, 2007, 09:25 PM NHFT
boo hoo

I don't know why someone smote Moses on his first post, but I offset it. Welcome to the Underground!

CNHT

Quote from: KBCraig on April 07, 2007, 12:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: mosesburnshaw on April 06, 2007, 09:25 PM NHFT
boo hoo

I don't know why someone smote Moses on his first post, but I offset it. Welcome to the Underground!

Welcome Moses! Unfortunately there are some people who will smite you for nothing, but you can just ignore them!