• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anti-tax-day demo in Keene

Started by Kat Kanning, March 26, 2007, 02:44 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 17, 2007, 09:53 PM NHFT
I don't think you requested it.   :P

Yes, that's probably what happened.

[attachment deleted by admin]

KBCraig

Quote from: error on April 17, 2007, 09:49 PM NHFT
Nobody transcribed my message verbatim. :( Obviously I have a lot of work to do before I can be as good at this as DadaOrwell. :)

I thought you were.... ahhhhhhhh.... quite .......uhhhhhhhhh.... Ridleyesque.  ;D

Tom Sawyer

I enjoyed the man on the street feel of the report...
Maybe FTL would consider running some of these reports on their show. Might be nice for there audience to be more intimately connected to what folks are doing.

David

these protests are actually fun if you have a small group show up.  Gives me folks to talk to.  I was surprised the turnout was as high as it was because the weather was so bad.   ;D

error

Oh yes, I took pictures, too! These are the low-res versions. If you want a high-res version for printing, let me know.

Roger and Kat were the first to arrive.

Kat and Roger draw honks of support.

Taxes pay for torture. If you pay taxes, then you pay for torture.

Kat and David.

David's sign didn't come out as well as he would have hoped, but I think it was still readable.

Roger goes it alone, if only briefly.

Julia and Ian on the wrong side of the street.

Everyone's cold and wet at this point, but this is important!

Ian's sign maybe could use some more color.

Color certainly attracts attention.

We weren't really blocking the entrance to the post office. It just looked that way.

And the final count was eight; Puke showed up but didn't make it into any of my pictures.

David

The bottom of my sign said Choose One, nhfree.com.  I ran out of time, but got the most important part in the sign properly.   :blush:  <mental note, stop waiting for the last minute to do important things.>

Tom Sawyer

It is more fun than the visuals might suggest... with cars honking and people waving, and hanging out with nice folks.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.  :)
(Michael, for future reference, take pity on us folks with dial up and try not put so many images on a page.  ;) )

Insurgent

Fun!  :) I see that the company I work for got some free advertising; the truck in the first picture!

Kat Kanning

Cool pix :)  Didn't have any trouble loading the page on this nice high speed internet  :P

error

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 18, 2007, 12:23 PM NHFT
(Michael, for future reference, take pity on us folks with dial up and try not put so many images on a page.  ;) )

I shrank them down as far as I could go and still have people be recognizable! :P I also made them "progressive" JPEGs which have this nice fill-themselves-in effect when you load them over a dialup connection. ;D

Puke

I'm glad the event was at 3:00pm. That way I could make it after work.
The weather sucked, but was fun for my first protest.

error

Quote from: Puke on April 18, 2007, 07:20 PM NHFT
I'm glad the event was at 3:00pm. That way I could make it after work.
The weather sucked, but was fun for my first protest.

I know you took pictures, share! >:D

Puke

Very well. I only took a couple and this is the best one. Rain makes my camera cry.