• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I hope this is the right topic for this part of the forum so here goes.......

Started by Raineyrocks, March 26, 2007, 05:47 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

It doesn't matter that the government "can't" confiscate numismatic coins today. All it would take is for a bureaucrat to decide, and they will start going house-to-house and grabbing anything gold and silver that might theoretically be useful as money.

That's why you should also be well stocked on lead.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: error on March 29, 2007, 07:22 PM NHFT
It doesn't matter that the government "can't" confiscate numismatic coins today. All it would take is for a bureaucrat to decide, and they will start going house-to-house and grabbing anything gold and silver that might theoretically be useful as money.

That's what I was thinking and I did ask the brokerage guy that question, (what if the gov. just makes another law to take numismatics away), he said they won't.  :-\  But I agree with you Error, when it gets bad enough anything is possible. 
I was thinking cigarettes will probably become a real good trading item just like in prisons.

Lloyd Danforth

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on March 30, 2007, 07:13 AM NHFT
Except for the going stale part

I bet people wouldn't care as long as they could get a smoke.  The only downside of the cigarette idea or anything else you keep that other people want is that they may kill you to get it. :-\ 

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: error on March 29, 2007, 07:22 PM NHFT

Stealth is more effective than confrontation... just bury them. They can write all the laws they want to, doesn't mean I'm going to obey them.

Raineyrocks

QuoteStealth is more effective than confrontation

Okay, I'm going to be lazy and not go get the dictionary..........what's stealth?  :)   I will try to guess and you can tell me if I was right.  Is it being wise?

Tom Sawyer

Sneaky... just think of the way an animal knows how to avoid the fight, especially when they are out matched.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 30, 2007, 08:26 AM NHFT
Sneaky... just think of the way an animal knows how to avoid the fight, especially when they are out matched.

Oh okay, thanks! :)