• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Registering to vote

Started by Quantrill, March 30, 2007, 07:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

powerchuter

Quote from: KBCraig on April 03, 2007, 02:17 AM NHFT
Quote from: powerchuter on April 02, 2007, 10:17 PM NHFT
I choose not to vote...
Voting is part of the illusion of those around us who desire to impose their ideas, values, and morals upon others using aggression, mob-rule(democracy), and threat of bodily harm, imprisonment, and death.

I assume you've heard the phrase, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight"?

Well when votes are the weapon of choice, your best chance for surviving the fight is to arm yourself with a vote, and encourage others do do likewise.

Voting does not have to mean participating in mob-ocracy. Voting against every spending proposal, voting against every big spender, voting for privatization and repeal of laws, etc., all serve to dis-empower the mob. That's not ruling by mob, that's self-defense!

Which is more effective: to yell and moan and wave protest signs about the latest imposition of the Mob? Or to cast a vote that stops the Mob?

You can say that your vote makes no difference at the federal level, and you might be right. You can say that your vote makes no difference at the state level, and there's room for disagreement. But you can't say in NH that your local vote makes no difference, because the local level is where spending and taxing are completely intertwined.

If CACR-18 (the "educational adequacy" amendment to the NH Constitution) manages to pass, then local votes will indeed become meaningless. NH will become like every other state, where people scream and yell and protest at local meetings, but the local officials shrug and point their fingers at the state. "We can't help it," they say, "because the state says we have to spend this money."

Do not give up local control. If you refuse to vote, you agree to be ruled by those who do.

Kevin

I carry guns...and have never brought a pointless blade(pun intended) to a heavy metal exchange...

AND, I CAN ASSURE YOU, I HAVE NOT AGREED IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM TO BE RULED BY ANYONE ELSE!

By voting you continue the myth that the "winning" voters have jurisdiction over the "losing" voters and all those who voluntarily and involuntarily do not vote...

YOU DO NOT HAVE JURISDICTION OVER ME, OR ANYONE ELSE..."VOTE" OR NO "VOTE"

Live Free or Die(and take as many with you as you can!)...

Unintended Consequences by John Ross(a must read)
Henry Bowman and "V" would make a great team!

Hey Claire, It's way past time...

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Quantrill on April 04, 2007, 08:04 PM NHFT
Regardless of the candidates, why aren't some of you voting to strike down the ever-present tax increases?
I am not part of their system. It would be wrong for me to vote how much money should be stolen from people.

KBCraig

Quote from: powerchuter on April 04, 2007, 08:46 PM NHFT
By voting you continue the myth that the "winning" voters have jurisdiction over the "losing" voters and all those who voluntarily and involuntarily do not vote...

By not voting, you turn the myth into reality.

Again: you don't have to vote for power, nor for politicians, nor taxes, nor to tell others how to run their lives. There are many things to vote against, and when you don't participate, you are left at the hands of those who do want to vote for power and politicians and taxes and telling others (you!) how to run their lives.

You believe in self-defense, so defend yourself by voting against spending initiatives, taxes, and bad laws.

MaineShark

Quote from: error on April 04, 2007, 04:50 PM NHFTAs I've said before, it might be tactically useful to vote in some limited circumstances, but as an overall strategy, we aren't going to vote ourselves free.

Exactly.

I'll use their system against them, any time I see fit.  It's simple self-defense.  Or, at very least, damage-mitigation.

I am not a part of their system, so I am not partaking of the myth that voting legitimizes them.  That's something that happens within their system, not in the real world.

Here's the blunt fact of it: the government is going to bend you over a chair and rape you on a regular basis.  The question is: if there's a bottle of Astroglide sitting on the shelf, are you going to hand it to them to reduce the damage you suffer?

Joe

Russell Kanning

what a pleasant image :(

how's it workin for you?

I decided to stop paying for my own abuse ... it seems to help make it stop.

MaineShark

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 05, 2007, 09:52 AM NHFTwhat a pleasant image :(

Is anything involving the government ever a pleasant image?

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 05, 2007, 09:52 AM NHFThow's it workin for you?

I'll let you know in 20 years or so.  No matter what course of action we choose, they aren't going to go away overnight...

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 05, 2007, 09:52 AM NHFTI decided to stop paying for my own abuse ... it seems to help make it stop.

I'm on that path.  When my business gets big enough to need extra help, I'm not going to hire anyone.  I will contract with private individuals, and let them run their own lives.  If they were my "employees," I would have to withold taxes from their paychecks, and it will be a cold day in hell before I become a tax-collector...

I'll use their system against them, but I sure won't work for them...

Joe

FTL_Ian

Government is a gang of thugs operating under a cloak of legitimacy.  Until we can successfully remove government's cloak of legitimacy, we can use the process and all of the attention paid to it to spread our message and maybe even elect a few candidates as well.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: MaineShark on April 05, 2007, 09:58 AM NHFT
I'm on that path.  When my business gets big enough to need extra help, I'm not going to hire anyone.  I will contract with private individuals, and let them run their own lives.  If they were my "employees," I would have to withold taxes from their paychecks, and it will be a cold day in hell before I become a tax-collector...
Sometimes the government doesn't care about your contracts .... they think you should give them taxes ..... maybe you will have to magically build stuff with no apparent help. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 05, 2007, 11:38 AM NHFTUntil we can successfully remove government's cloak of legitimacy, we can use the process and all of the attention paid to it to spread our message and maybe even elect a few candidates as well.
How do you get rid of the cloak ... if you keep attending the fashion show (election) and cheering?
If you keep giving attention to the emporer and his cloak so you can hang out with the crowds .... how do you point out to people that he has no clothes on?
It is unsightly .... time to turn away from the naked king.

d_goddard

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 05, 2007, 01:56 PM NHFT
the naked king.
As an amateur nudist, my vote goes to anyone who has the decency and integrity to be naked while they campaign.

TackleTheWorld

In the last election I voted by absentee ballot.  I thought I might be out of town on election day, but I wasn't, so I went down to campaign for my favorite selectman.  When the election officials saw me out in the parking lot they called me aside.
"You submitted an absentee ballot?"
"Yep."
"You are here, you have to vote in person."
"I already voted."
"You'll vote now or we'll challenge your absentee ballot."
"I'm not going to vote twice."

So I don't think my vote counted. 

Russell Kanning

I wonder why they wanted you to vote then. Would they have known to shred it after you voted?

d_goddard

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on April 05, 2007, 06:33 PM NHFT
When the election officials saw me out in the parking lot they called me aside.

"You'll vote now or we'll challenge your absentee ballot."

So I don't think my vote counted. 
What town & ward was this in?

KBCraig

Russell, don't you have family in Kansas? It sounds like Missouri City might be your kinda town, even if it is across the river.

Russell Kanning

sounds like a good pattern for any city to follow