• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Business for sale

Started by Dreepa, April 03, 2007, 03:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: powerpenguin on April 05, 2007, 06:53 PM NHFTRussell you were in MT before you moved? I know this is OT.
Yes .... and no.
to me almost all topics lead to ...... so what are we going to do? .... and then doing it. :)

Russell Kanning

this cart sits right off main street in Keene in front of the railroad tavern .... they must pay the city for the spot

cathleeninnh

I think these ventures can be moneymaking if you are not limited to the fairs. If you can arrange and pay a yearly street vendor license to the town, it can be very worthwhile.

Cathleen

SpeedPhreak

I will agree w/that statement.  I know the regular hot dog vendors in our downtown area clean up.

Well they used to - now just 1 guy cleans up because of the local "mafia" getting rid of all the independant competition.

If this is what this cart is doing & the city's "permission" is cheap enough then go for it.

PowerPenguin

KBCraig

As has often been said, a boat is a hole in the water which you try to fill by shoveling in money.

The other famous saying: the two happiest days in a man's life are when he finally buys the boat he's dreamed of, and the day he sells it.

Gotta admit, I'd love to have a party barge on Winni. But it's just not a big priority until the lottery hits.

d_goddard

Quote from: SpeedPhreak on April 05, 2007, 07:31 PM NHFT
ask this guy for financial statements showing earnings from the last couple seasons.
Hear, hear!
Never buy a business without a few years' worth of financial statements.
Look at the numbers with a critical eye.
Personally, I'd go over them with a pro as well. Same reason you take a car to an auto mechanic before buying it.

PowerPenguin

Quote from: d_goddard on April 08, 2007, 09:12 AM NHFT
ask this guy for financial statements showing earnings from the last couple seasons.
Hear, hear!
Personally, I'd go over them with a pro as well. Same reason you take a car to an auto mechanic before buying it.

Good advice, Goddard. I didn't think of this right off, but that would be critical to do.

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: powerpenguin on April 08, 2007, 04:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on April 08, 2007, 09:12 AM NHFT
Hear, hear!

Good advice, Goddard. I didn't think of this right off, but that would be critical to do.

FYI-- I would be glad to help any Porcs by analyzing financial statements with them as long as they bring over Newcastle with the financials.....

error

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on April 08, 2007, 09:58 PM NHFT
FYI-- I would be glad to help any Porcs by analyzing financial statements with them as long as they bring over Newcastle with the financials.....

Are you analyzing the financial statements WITH the Newcastle?!? :o

KBCraig

Quote from: error on April 09, 2007, 12:29 AM NHFT
Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on April 08, 2007, 09:58 PM NHFT

Are you analyzing the financial statements WITH the Newcastle?!? :o

That's how she does her best work.  8)

But after whiskey... well, you don't want to arm-wrestle her. She's wirrrrry!

Rosie the Riveter

I pour the Newcastle on to the financial statements -- then wave my hands over it -- press the papers to my head and chant wildly. Only after that do the financials speak the truth about the future business viability...

error

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on April 10, 2007, 08:58 PM NHFT
I pour the Newcastle on to the financial statements -- then wave my hands over it -- press the papers to my head and chant wildly. Only after that do the financials speak the truth about the future business viability...

Somebody videotape this!

Lloyd Danforth

I was at Newerk's Saturday waiting to yell:  "There's Rosie!"...........but........she didn't show! :'(

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 11, 2007, 06:59 AM NHFT

I was at Newerk's Saturday waiting to yell:  "There's Rosie!"...........but........she didn't show! :'(

I work Saturdays  :'(