• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Trouble with the property tax man and his henchmen in Keene

Started by Russell Kanning, April 05, 2007, 03:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on April 06, 2007, 02:01 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 05, 2007, 09:46 PM NHFT
we are paying neither

Can you explain?
I was joking with error. Of course I am not writing out checks to pay for the property tax on the land .... otherwise I would own it and wouldn't have this other party trying to oust me.

KBCraig

Ah, okay. I was worried that maybe you'd done something like withholding part of the lot rental to keep from paying that portion of taxes. That would be a poor way to get along with the landlord, although it sounds like he's not exactly on your side anyway.

Russell Kanning

Kat is leaning the direction of selling our place here and looking for a largish porcupine house nearby that we can share with others.
Anybody want to buy our place and/or know of large places for us to lease around this corner of NH?

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 06, 2007, 03:17 PM NHFT
Kat is leaning the direction of selling our place here and looking for a largish porcupine house nearby that we can share with others.
Anybody want to buy our place and/or know of large places for us to lease around this corner of NH?

House across the street is for sale...
http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=12739.0

Lloyd Danforth

I could swear I've seen that house up around School St.

FTL_Ian

Yep, not far from there at all.  4/1.5  It's empty; make an offer!

Lloyd Danforth

I'll pass.  If someone gets something bigger, I'd love to rent a room.

Kat Kanning

I'm ashamed to say that I paid the property tax so that we can sell this place.  The owner of the land we rent demanded it.  Since I believe that they have the right to say what happens on their property, we couldn't just hold out here, so we're seeking to move.  :sad1:

Pat K

Nothing to be ashamed of, it is their property. Ya gotta do what ya gotta
do.

I like your house and area, but I am sure were ever ya go will be
great.  ;D

money dollars

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 26, 2007, 12:13 PM NHFT
I'm ashamed to say that I paid the property tax so that we can sell this place.
How much extra did you end up paying for interest?

is it 12%?

Kat Kanning

I don't remember.  It only amounted to a couple hundred dollars.

David

A while back when you (or Russel) told me you lived on private property, I thought it was a great idea because it would mean the gov't trampling on their property rights to get to you.  I forgot the pressure the gov't can put on business'.  They roll over so quickly.
And you do not have anything to be ashamed of.  Taxes are wrong because they are theft.  You paying the extortionists' was not immoral on your part, it was protection to prevent two homeless ladies.  It is unfortunate that you were forced to make the decision, but not your fault. 
I hope the keene gov't parasites are happy they nearly caused a potential eviction so they could get their precious money.   >:(

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 26, 2007, 12:13 PM NHFT
I'm ashamed to say that I paid the property tax so that we can sell this place.  :sad1:

Dang,  poop, and other expressions of sympathy and disappointment.