• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Russell arrested 4/10/07

Started by Kat Kanning, April 10, 2007, 06:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quantrill

Hey Kat, were you able to bring Russell any clothes?  Perhaps a "FREE RUSSELL KANNING" shirt would be appropriate...
;D

Lloyd Danforth

Russell would just insist that everyone else in the jail should have 'Free _________'  shirts

Dave Ridley

I am likely going to be printing out this thread and mailing it to russell periodically...unless you guys know some reason not to.  any intel regarding what the gatekeepers will and won't let in?

d_goddard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 15, 2007, 11:18 PM NHFT
any intel regarding what the gatekeepers will and won't let in?
We know from previous experience they're a PITA about books  ::)

Dave Ridley

good idea cyber. welcome
kat how are you doing without eating...are you going to be able to make it?

lildog

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 15, 2007, 10:58 PM NHFT
Russell would just insist that everyone else in the jail should have 'Free _________'  shirts

LOL, I can see it now shirts that just say "Free ________" with the space for people to fill in their own names.

Kat Kanning

I split the registry discussion off here:

http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=8192.

They actually let me see Russell and talk to him for an hour.  He said they were generally more laid back at that jail and they aren't treating him too badly.  His cell is very small, he can touch both walls at the same time.  I think he figured out that 72 trips around it was one mile.  It sounds complicated to send books, but vaguely possible, though improbable he would fill out the paperwork needed to do it.  He's gotten letters from me and Roger.  He says they're not reading his mail, they just open it in front of him.  One lt. lady told him that 80% of the people in there are in for drugs.  He can make collect phone calls costing the recipient 20 cents a minute (he thinks), so if you'd like him to call you, send him a letter with your phone number.  He'd appreciate more mail.  It wasn't him who was waving to us when we were protesting outside the jail - he said he never saw us, only Lauren.  He didn't look so hot - he can't even see the sun really from him window.  He said the food there was better than the other jails he's been in, he actually got a real banana.

For those who would like to do something to help him, please write him a letter or write me a letter to the editor about this and I'll get it in the May edition of the KFP (deadline April 20th).

He suggested we protest outside the courthouse instead of outside the jail.

Dada, to answer your question, I haven't been fasting except for that first day.  I got a huge load of produce from Dawn that I'd ordered a week before, and I didn't think I could shovel snow while fasting.  I'm ready to start again tomorrow, though.

Quantrill, Russell's just wearing prison clothes.

Man, I know why Jim took up drinking when Lauren was imprisoned - you just want it to go away, ya know?

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for the update Kat.  :)

Things will level out, the gray weather doesn't help... kind of has me blue.

TylerM

FREE RUSSELL!
Just dropping in to show support... I hope your family is doing well despite the circumstances. :(

Kat Kanning

Thanks guys. I felt a lot better after getting to talk to him.

Raineyrocks

Kat,

I wish there was something I could do for you! :hug:

Kat Kanning

Thanks rainey, the virtual hug does nicely.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: raineyrocks on April 17, 2007, 09:08 AM NHFT
Kat,

I wish there was something I could do for you! :hug:

rainey there is a great deal you can do.  i've done some of it myself or wouldnt suggest that you do it.  you don't have to be in keen either. 

Support Russell Kanning, jailed until May 14, 07 for driving without a license

Write Russell: Cheshire County Jail 160 River Rd S, Westmoreland, NH 03467
Phone his jailers at the jail: (603) 399-7794
Phone his captors: Keene Police Dept. (603) 357-9813

Dave Ridley

Finally got my first postcard out to russell.

also printed out about 25 pages of stuff including this thread, that goes out in the next day or two hopefully.

Kat Kanning

Second day of the fast is going well.  I feel really good and only a little hungry.