• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Need INVESTING advice

Started by Quantrill, April 15, 2007, 05:56 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Quote from: cathleeninnh on April 17, 2007, 07:15 AM NHFT
Inflation is worse than 3%. Remember that they remove from the calculation anything that is "volatile".

Cathleen

Yep, too messy to deal with those things that change so much.

Dreepa

ING is good for short term.
I agree with Rochelle max out the 401K... less money to the feds... yes it is locked up until you retire but you should check with your plan you may be able to borrow money from your 401K (borrow the money from yourself).

CNHT

Better hurry -- you'll soon have less to invest according to this.

HappyTax Day: Shea-Porter & Hodes Voted for Biggest Tax Increase in History

CONCORD ? If New Hampshire taxpayers think they are paying a lot in Federal taxes this year, wait until next year.

Their taxes are going up, thanks to votes by U.S. Reps. Carol Shea-Porter and Paul Hodes.

Both freshmen representatives voted in favor of the largest tax increase in U.S. history last month when they voted to repeal the Bush tax cuts of 2001 and 2003, resulting in a tax increase of about $400 billion over five years. The tax increase will affect 539,000 New Hampshire residents who will pay an average of $3,201 in additional taxes each year. (House Committee On The Budget, Republican Caucus, http://budget.house.gov/republicans/press/2007/prtaxes20070327.pdf,Accessed April 16, 2007)

Tax increases include cutting the child tax credit in half and eliminating marriage penalty relief.

In Sunday?s Concord Monitor, Rep. Carol Shea-Porter said she votes with the Democratic leadership in Congress 100 percent of the time ?because frankly I think they?re 100 percent right.? (Chelsea Conaboy and Annmarie Timmins,?Shea-Porter, Hodes Follow Pelosi?s Lead,? Concord Monitor , April 15, 2007)

?As usual, Rep. Shea-Porter has it 100 percent wrong,? said Fergus Cullen, chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party.

[Note: Porter said she would never vote with the party hacks... ]

Quantrill

UPDATE:  I guess my buddy at work was just effin with me.  Employer will match 4% and I'm fully-vested right away.  So I'll be dumping money into a 401(k).  The way I look at it, if I put 5% of my paycheck in the 401(k) then I'm automatically getting 80% return thanks to the employer contribution.

1 Large blend, 1 mid-cap value, 1 small blend and 1 foreign emerging markets fund.  Does that sound like a decent strategy for someone in his 20s?  I don't want any bonds and will have the rest of my money in cash savings.  I'll probably put 40% in the Large Blend and split up the rest.

error

Depends on when you plan to get your money back out, I suppose.

Or IF you can, when the shit hits the fan.

Remember, "401(k)" is the number of a federal law.

Quantrill

so my disposable income should go into "precious metals" (i.e. Ruger, Remington, Sako etc...)  ;)

Those would come in handy when TSHTF.

:shithitsthefan:

error

Don't forget lead and brass.