• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Violence vs Non Violence

Started by FTL_Ian, April 16, 2007, 09:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Quote from: Caleb on April 30, 2007, 10:00 PM NHFTBut if I use violence against him, I have committed not only a physical act against him, but an emotional assault on myself.  I have allowed the individual attacking me to get within my psyche, to do real damage to myself.  I have allowed him to transform me from a creature of love, to a creature of hate.  The emotional and spiritual damage is incalculable. Love transforms from within.  So does hate. And we reap what we sow. If I plant hate and anger in my heart, I will reap that fruitage in my life. If I plant love, that fruitage I will also reap.  No one can take this away from me. I will be what I choose to be.  This is the freedom that no one can take from me.  I can only take it from myself.

If I use violence against someone, it's because that person chose to use me as a fancy means to commit suicide.  I do not suffer emotional harm as a result.  His actions have no moral bearing on my life.  I don't sit up nights questioning what sort of person I am.  I know what sort of person I am, and am utterly at peace with myself.

Self defense is a biological function.  It's not a matter of hate for him.  It's a matter of love for myself.  It's a matter of love for every innocent (or even less-guilty) person he might harm in the future.  Those things shape the pathways in my mind that cause a given response for a given action.

At the moment of action, emotion doesn't exist.  There's an entity intending to do me harm, and the machinery with which to prevent that harm.  No hate, no anger.  Simple molasses-slow time and calm analysis of whether he is a threat or not.  If he is a threat, then he is the one who bears responsibility.  He has acted; I have only reacted, according to my nature and my prior choices in how to shape my reactions.

I've never lost a moment's sleep over how close a particular miscreant came to having his torso pulverized by Hydra-Shoks.  I don't rationalize that he might have survived; know for a fact that another ounce of pressure applied by my finger would have inevitably resulted in so much trauma that there's no chance he could have been put back together.  I know that this was his choice, not mine, and that it was his choice to obey my order to desist his attack that saved his life.  His choices.  Not mine.  My choices took place decades earlier, and I don't regret them or lose sleep over them.

Joe

powerchuter

Quote from: MaineShark on May 01, 2007, 04:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on April 30, 2007, 10:00 PM NHFTBut if I use violence against him, I have committed not only a physical act against him, but an emotional assault on myself.  I have allowed the individual attacking me to get within my psyche, to do real damage to myself.  I have allowed him to transform me from a creature of love, to a creature of hate.  The emotional and spiritual damage is incalculable. Love transforms from within.  So does hate. And we reap what we sow. If I plant hate and anger in my heart, I will reap that fruitage in my life. If I plant love, that fruitage I will also reap.  No one can take this away from me. I will be what I choose to be.  This is the freedom that no one can take from me.  I can only take it from myself.

If I use violence against someone, it's because that person chose to use me as a fancy means to commit suicide.  I do not suffer emotional harm as a result.  His actions have no moral bearing on my life.  I don't sit up nights questioning what sort of person I am.  I know what sort of person I am, and am utterly at peace with myself.

Self defense is a biological function.  It's not a matter of hate for him.  It's a matter of love for myself.  It's a matter of love for every innocent (or even less-guilty) person he might harm in the future.  Those things shape the pathways in my mind that cause a given response for a given action.

At the moment of action, emotion doesn't exist.  There's an entity intending to do me harm, and the machinery with which to prevent that harm.  No hate, no anger.  Simple molasses-slow time and calm analysis of whether he is a threat or not.  If he is a threat, then he is the one who bears responsibility.  He has acted; I have only reacted, according to my nature and my prior choices in how to shape my reactions.

I've never lost a moment's sleep over how close a particular miscreant came to having his torso pulverized by Hydra-Shoks.  I don't rationalize that he might have survived; know for a fact that another ounce of pressure applied by my finger would have inevitably resulted in so much trauma that there's no chance he could have been put back together.  I know that this was his choice, not mine, and that it was his choice to obey my order to desist his attack that saved his life.  His choices.  Not mine.  My choices took place decades earlier, and I don't regret them or lose sleep over them.

Joe

Most Excellent!
Hydra-Shoks are very good defensive rounds!

powerchuter

All this masterdebating is quite pointless and a waste of valuable time...

Those who will not resist the aggressors will be at their aggressor's mercy...or lack thereof...

Those who will resist the aggressors will create a condition where there will be few or none left...

Then those who did not resist will say that "their" way achieved success in ending the reign of the aggressors...

And they will STILL badmouth the very people who used SUPERIOR DEFENSIVE FORCE to actually get rid of the aggressors and the aggressive tendencies...

How about all those "non-violent" people that Hitler's regime murdered sixty-some years ago...

I'd rather die throwing hot lead than live being gang-raped by the aggressors...

Caleb...I'm fine with you doing whatever you feel is good for you...but...
For example...if you stood by while kira was raped by some aggressor...
well...

I think you understand...
don't you...