• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

seeking housing advice

Started by Stephanie, April 17, 2007, 04:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephanie

hi.  a friend and i are moving to nh at the end of may or june.  he wants to live in or around keene.  i've never been to nh, but i would also like a rural area.  i would like to rent from a person and not a company.  i've looked online at apt. ads in nh newspapers to no avail.  i'm determined to seek out an apt. that sits right with me.  i welcome any advice or suggestions on this matter.  thank you.

cathleeninnh

You shouldn't have any trouble renting at that time. Being here is a lot easier than just using the paper. At that time there should be ads and "for rent" yard signs as well. NH is pretty big on the small individually rented apartments.

Cathleen

Stephanie

Stephanie

Thank you, Scott.  Please tell me about your web site.

dawn

Quote from: Stephanie on April 17, 2007, 04:51 PM NHFT
hi.  a friend and i are moving to nh at the end of may or june.  he wants to live in or around keene.  i've never been to nh, but i would also like a rural area.  i would like to rent from a person and not a company.  i've looked online at apt. ads in nh newspapers to no avail.  i'm determined to seek out an apt. that sits right with me.  i welcome any advice or suggestions on this matter.  thank you.

The outskirts of Keene are fairly rural, as are the surrounding towns - I think Swanzey (just south of Keene) has some apt. buildings. I can't think of any specific tips for finding a place. Have you looked through the Keene Sentinel ads?

Lloyd Danforth

I have found some stuff on Craig's list

Stephanie

Quote from: dawn on April 18, 2007, 08:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: Stephanie on April 17, 2007, 04:51 PM NHFT

The outskirts of Keene are fairly rural, as are the surrounding towns - I think Swanzey (just south of Keene) has some apt. buildings. I can't think of any specific tips for finding a place. Have you looked through the Keene Sentinel ads?

Yes I have, Dawn.