• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

will work for food!

Started by Beth221, April 17, 2007, 09:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Beth221

I am sick and tired of being here in RI....  It is actually making me nauseous about spending the summer in this state.  Excuse me while I vent my frustrations...  My  boss actually told me today that it is expected of me to come into work 15 minutes early and work.  Anyone else think that is wrong??  I thought we had an agreement that we were to exchange my labor for her money..  Her reasoning for it was, every other practice/office does it, it is expected of other offices workers to come in early.   There is only one other co-worker who chooses to come in 20 minutes early, and she gets things started, so when I come in, there isnt anything to rush doing, so why come in earlier than I have to, nevermind not getting paid for it.......  Totally frustrated.  I expressed my problems with her making me work, with out getting paid, but it was like talking to a wall.  She continued to read the paper while I made my case for her. 

Soooooo........

I wanna move.. I wanna move NOW!!!   

I am in a bit of a financial crunch, thanks to my DOG eating 2 lbs of bacon......  (pancreatitis...bad dog, expensive bad dog)   SO I am looking for a room to rent for cheep, and willing to do domestic things to help pay my way.  I can cook, clean, I can take care of pets and babies/children.  I am a x vet tech, and a x nanny.  I am a great gardener. and i jello wrestle  ;D I will be seeking work in my current field, which is the dental industry...  I am looking for a place to stay, then find work in the area.

I really just want out.  And, doesnt look like my lovely significant other is getting his act together, in terms of moving...  So, fuck it, I am going to move first...

Seriously frustrated............ 

powerchuter

Trouble in paradise Beth?

For what it's worth...
The only thing stopping you is getting up here...

You're friends here will help you with the rest!

lastlady

I know how you feel sister. Not there yet myself but I can relate to the frustration.

Insurgent

Quote from: Beth221 on April 17, 2007, 09:26 PM NHFT
I am sick and tired of being here in RI....  It is actually making me nauseous about spending the summer in this state.  Excuse me while I vent my frustrations...  My  boss actually told me today that it is expected of me to come into work 15 minutes early and work.  Anyone else think that is wrong??  I thought we had an agreement that we were to exchange my labor for her money..  Her reasoning for it was, every other practice/office does it, it is expected of other offices workers to come in early.   There is only one other co-worker who chooses to come in 20 minutes early, and she gets things started, so when I come in, there isnt anything to rush doing, so why come in earlier than I have to, nevermind not getting paid for it.......  Totally frustrated.  I expressed my problems with her making me work, with out getting paid, but it was like talking to a wall.  She continued to read the paper while I made my case for her. 

Soooooo........

I wanna move.. I wanna move NOW!!!   

I am in a bit of a financial crunch, thanks to my DOG eating 2 lbs of bacon......  (pancreatitis...bad dog, expensive bad dog)   SO I am looking for a room to rent for cheep, and willing to do domestic things to help pay my way.  I can cook, clean, I can take care of pets and babies/children.  I am a x vet tech, and a x nanny.  I am a great gardener. and i jello wrestle  ;D I will be seeking work in my current field, which is the dental industry...  I am looking for a place to stay, then find work in the area.

I really just want out.  And, doesnt look like my lovely significant other is getting his act together, in terms of moving...  So, fuck it, I am going to move first...

Seriously frustrated............ 

I could use help with cooking, cleaning, gardening, and looking after pussums but can't offer a place to stay since I just have a dumpy 1 bedroom in the slums of Concord  :blush:

Quantrill

There are plenty of crappy jobs available in Manchester.  Signs everywhere.  Sure the pay would suck but you could have some income which is better than no income.   I'm getting ready to get a studio so you may be able to rent the attic from Alec!   ;D

powerchuter

I'm not interested in buying or putting my name on any lease or utilities...
But I would be interested in going in together with other porcupines on a big house...

My only requirement is a garage(at least one stall and some area for tools, parts, and supplies), a dry basement for additional storage...and for the location to be in a "decent" neighborhood...  Preferably 5 to 15 minutes outside of Manchester...

Let me know what you think?

Oh, and I would strongly prefer no pets in the common areas except for transport in and out of the house...

Lloyd Danforth

If I had a place and could afford to feed you Beth, I'd give you a room just cause you're fun to look at ;D

SpeedPhreak

Quote from: Beth221 on April 17, 2007, 09:26 PM NHFT
and i jello wrestle  ;D

send a pic & we will talk  >:D

Quote from: powerchuter on April 18, 2007, 12:05 AM NHFT

But I would be interested in going in together with other porcupines on a big house...

If I ever make it to NH I would be interested in this as well - especially until I got my business(es) established & bought some land to build on.

Someone could even take it a step further & make it a sort of 1/2 way house where people in the movement can move to & live for a few months until they get their feet on the ground.  Maybe even start a fund that would pay for new transplants 1st month of rent.

I dunno.

error

We already have something of a Porc Manor. I should know; I'm here already! I don't think the homeowner allows dogs, though. :(

[attachment deleted by admin]

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 18, 2007, 07:06 AM NHFT
If I had a place and could afford to feed you Beth, I'd give you a room just cause you're fun to look at ;D

Lloyd would even offer to massage your broken butt. He's benevolent that way.  :angel4:

error

Quote from: KBCraig on April 18, 2007, 11:21 AM NHFT
Lloyd would even offer to massage your broken butt. He's benevolent that way.  >:D

Rosie the Riveter

Interested in painting a big one level ranch? If so we may have a deal for you --

MaineShark

Beth221

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 18, 2007, 07:06 AM NHFT

;D ;D ;D

Beth221

Quote from: Rosie the Riveter on April 18, 2007, 01:57 PM NHFT
Interested in painting a big one level ranch? If so we may have a deal for you --

I love to PAINT!!  I have nick named my house here in RI the Crayola House because I painted every room a different color, like a box of crayons!!!  hehe

Yes I am interested!