• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Work for immigrant?

Started by Trickster, May 25, 2007, 01:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Trickster

So... I've been thinking of visiting NH, and to work there but I have a little problem, and I was wondering if anyone here could help me? The thing is that I live in Sweden and from what I've gathered on this forum you need a certain number (SSN, was it?) to be able to get a (legal) job in america. So I'm wondering how easy it is to get a job in NH, anywhere in the state, if you don't have such a number, legal or otherwise?

error

It depends mostly on what sort of work you plan to do.

Though you may have more success starting a business, rather than being someone else's employee. After all, there are plenty of free market minded people here who will be happy to do business with you and not ask you for any stupid numbers. :)

Edwin Sheldon

Problem is, I don't think you can get a work visa without an employer expressing intent to hire.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Trickster

Quote from: error on May 25, 2007, 01:59 PM NHFT

Well, I have some experience in trucking, packing and shipping, and I know some economics, but anything goes, as long as the pay is good.

error

Quote from: Trickster on May 25, 2007, 02:29 PM NHFT

Well, I have some experience in trucking, packing and shipping, and I know some economics, but anything goes, as long as the pay is good.

You'd look rather out of place standing next to all the Mexicans in front of Home Depot. Then again.. do you speak Spanish? ;D

Trickster

Quote from: error on May 25, 2007, 02:33 PM NHFT
Quote from: Trickster on May 25, 2007, 02:29 PM NHFT

You'd look rather out of place standing next to all the Mexicans in front of Home Depot. Then again.. do you speak Spanish? ;D

Nah...although i do look good in a sombrero :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Edwin Sheldon on May 25, 2007, 02:22 PM NHFT
Problem is, I don't think you can get a work visa without an employer expressing intent to hire.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Probably going to use whatever visa will get him here.

Lex

Getting a SS number is the easy part, it's the getting rid of it that's difficult.

David

I wish you were closer to keene, Traveler.