• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

will work for food!

Started by Beth221, April 17, 2007, 09:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

powerchuter

Look...

How many people have to post that they are interested in different living arrangements than what they have currently before we get together and find a place!?!

I'm near Kevin's place...and I'd like to stay in this general area although I am not opposed to most anyplace near Manchester and/or Concord...

The sooner we get this done...the better in my honest, humble opinion...

error

Somebody has to come forward who's got the seed money (or credit) to put something together.

And I refuse to buy a house with the current market conditions, even if I had the money, which I don't. :(

Dreepa

Quote from: aworldnervelink on April 26, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT
You can live in my basement!

I saw a movie about that once.

"It puts the lotion on its back or it gets the hose."   :o  :o  :o

Beth221

Quote from: Dreepa on April 27, 2007, 08:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: aworldnervelink on April 26, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT
You can live in my basement!

I saw a movie about that once.

"It puts the lotion on its back or it gets the hose."   :o  :o  :o

I dont think kevin has a hidden well in his basement....right?? 

Kev, you are not buffalo bill, right?

creepy!  I hate that movie!  it makes me wet the bed!

SpeedPhreak

i am still interested in some sort of co-op.  depending on when I make it, how much money I have left, & market conditions at that time I could be willing to do 1 of or a combination of the following -

purchase land & sub divide it - others can have the subdivisions if everyone involved helps build everyone elses home - obvioulsy some skill in building will be required.  hopefully we could all get a mortgage free home w/a decent sized lot.

this could lead to a home building company in which we could all be partners.

purchase land & make a very inexpensive townhome community - I already have plans drawn up & depending on skills people have can be made for as low as $20 sq/ft w/out appliances.

move my business - hire only freestaters & pay how we like to get paid.

build on acerage & trade room/board/small wage for tending/working the land - hopefully for a profit

buy a large, open ocean boat - help me convert it in your spare time & live aboard for free, perhaps even after/if we set sail.

i am good at creating ideas but not implementing them - if any of you are good at that the possibilities are endless

i am horibble at sales - i have a couple of projects that would probably be very profitable if the right people could sell & market them.

for anyone interested we can talk more about details when i get back.

cathleeninnh

My first thought is action is better than words. Thinking is great but is of little value if some action doesn't follow. NH is filling up with people who "didn't do it right". We haven't created yet what most of us want. But we keep plugging away because we are the ones who do and not just talk.

Cathleen

SpeedPhreak

i agree - that is why i am so supportive of the FSP & the people on this site.  there is actually people doing rather than talking.

if your statements were directed at me in a negative way then you should research me a little more.  i have already offered to print up to 100 shirts a month at my cost + shipping to NH as long as they are given out or if sold the money goes to fund the movement in another area.

that offer is temporarily off the shelf by the way due to my incarceration - but will be open again when i get out.

& who says you need me to do any of the above - those are all ideas anyone there can more or less do right now... granted I already have a mobile business & floorplans for my townhouse idea... but thats not really the point.

if your statements were not directed at me or were & were meant to be postitive I appologies in advance for any perceived negativity or defensive posture on my part.

cathleeninnh

No, I don't know you. I'm not judging. We get nifty neato ideas listed all the time. And they ARE good ones. Not new, but good. And that is because if you have made it this far then our minds work alike. It IS fun to imagine the possibilities. Our numbers grow fast and  we aren't able to bring everyone up to speed on what is already occurring, what is being worked on, and what snags have been hit. It is a good problem to have.

Cathleen

b1ueemu

[/quote]
Quote from: SpeedPhreak on April 27, 2007, 10:22 AM NHFT

purchase land & sub divide it - others can have the subdivisions if everyone involved helps build everyone elses home - obvioulsy some skill in building will be required.  hopefully we could all get a mortgage free home w/a decent sized lot.

this could lead to a home building company in which we could all be partners.

build on acerage & trade room/board/small wage for tending/working the land - hopefully for a profit

i am horibble at sales - i have a couple of projects that would probably be very profitable if the right people could sell & market them.

I'm very willing to contribute in designing and building homes. I have novice skills in laying copper and PVC, doing framing and sheet rock, mudding, painting, and tile. In terms of working the land, many decent pieces of land exist which can be sustainably harvested for wood, providing building materials, heat, and income. There are, of course, many other ways to work the land. In terms of sales, it would be nice to know what you have available for opportunities. I'm currently working on a website for us to make public the resources we have, so as to allow perusal and more efficient usage, but in the interim, you could post them here!

In response to whether SpeedPhreak is a mover and a shaker, or just a talker, I can say that he provided me information which very well could allow me to compete against him, for which I'm greatly appreciative! :)

MaineShark

Quote from: b1ueemu on April 27, 2007, 12:50 PM NHFTI'm very willing to contribute in designing and building homes. I have novice skills in laying copper and PVC, doing framing and sheet rock, mudding, painting, and tile.

Are you here in the Free State, yet?

Joe

Beth221

at this point, I will live in someones closet!   >:D

error

Quote from: Beth221 on April 27, 2007, 08:47 PM NHFT

There's a room open downstairs now. It's bigger than a closet and it even has a bed!

b1ueemu

Quote from: MaineShark on April 27, 2007, 01:02 PM NHFT
Are you here in the Free State, yet?

I'm currently in Maine, sending off resumes to places in New Hampshire currently, and hoping to move within weeks.

Sent you a PM with my specific skills, incase there is anything I can help with.

b1ueemu

Quote from: error on April 27, 2007, 09:13 PM NHFT
There's a room open downstairs now. It's bigger than a closet and it even has a bed!

Would you mind posting the specifics on this room, if it's publicly available? You can use my form above, if you like.

powerchuter

Quote from: Beth221 on April 27, 2007, 08:47 PM NHFT

You're not here YET!?!

Arrghhh