• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

will work for food!

Started by Beth221, April 17, 2007, 09:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Beth221 on April 19, 2007, 05:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 18, 2007, 07:08 PM NHFT
What does RI have that the state of Wyoming doesn't have besides a seacoast?

Well to name a few, very high taxes, strict gun laws, high prices for real estate, and rent, cant smoke a cigg anywhere..  NH looks cheep to buy property compared to the prices here in this "water front" state. 

RI has a town called Wyoming.  Wyoming doesn't.

Beth221

wyoming is one of those small random towns that usually no one knows about!! 

error

I think about 33 states have a town called Wyoming.

Actually, 11 states have towns called Wyoming. Wisconsin has TWO of them. Canada has another, and so does Australia. Two states have counties named Wyoming.

Beth221

well, isnt this just strange??  Wonder if the water taste the same in all these wyomings??????

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Beth221 on April 19, 2007, 08:41 PM NHFT
wyoming is one of those small random towns that usually no one knows about!! 

Every intersection is a different town in that part of RI.  My Great Grandmother was born in Wood River Junction before it became Richmond Switch.

Beth221

Well, isnt that a little bit of history!  I was wondering how you knew about wyoming!  that answers that!!  Its still a nice some what rural area.  I do a lot of fishing in wood river. 

Lloyd Danforth

I am a genealogist. I learned by researching my own family. My Ennis and Burdick families are thick  in that part of RI. Ashaway, Hopkinton, Charlstown, S. Kingston.  One of them had a farm near the CT border and when they settled the border he ended up in North Stonington, CT.

SpeedPhreak

Quote from: Beth221 on April 19, 2007, 05:01 PM NHFT

Do you do murals? I got flat panels on the garage doors for just that purpose.

I would say just get up here. If Joe & Denise or Alec can't put you up, I probably could. Someone will.

Does finger painting count??  I havent painted a mural since high school....!!  But I do dabble in water color and acrylic paints, my mom loves my art, she hangs it all on the refrigerator!   :)

I do.  I will try & get some pics up of stuff I have done.  As a matter of fact I am negotiating right now to mural a strip club inside & out.  & sure, finger painting counts ;)

I would be there in a heart beat - but I have a few loose ends & 1 very large hurdle to jump.  I don't really want to get into the hurdle at this time, but I will when the time is right.

b1ueemu

Quote from: error on April 18, 2007, 10:19 AM NHFT
We already have something of a Porc Manor. I should know; I'm here already! I don't think the homeowner allows dogs, though. :(

This is a really good idea. The cost of an initial rent (as much as $2500) will be a persistent barrier for young movers. Finding a decent room is not easy. It seems that small Manors would provide an environment conducive of activism. I have a feeling a lot of people could use this service, myself included, so let's begin (in a new thread).

James

Dreepa

Quote from: b1ueemu on April 26, 2007, 03:41 PM NHFT
myself included, so let's begin:

Are there any Porcupines out there looking for roommates?
You might want to make a new thread as people might miss it.

I think that there are at least 2-3 other people looking for roommates.

Beth221

i am just looking for a little chunk of land, where I can pitch a tent! 

error

I think a tent will fit in the pint-sized back yard! :)

Lloyd Danforth

Some of the smaller campgrounds that are not near tourist stuff have good weekly and season rates.  You could rent a spot, pitch your tent and stay there while you're looking for the right working and living situation.

aworldnervelink

You can live in my basement!

Rosie the Riveter

Quote from: aworldnervelink on April 26, 2007, 07:26 PM NHFT
You can live in my basement!

Skip the campground!!  Take Kevin's basement!! It's really fun there.....Hell, maybe I should move in his basement too  ;D Can I have a garage spot?