• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

will work for food!

Started by Beth221, April 17, 2007, 09:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

powerchuter

Quote from: Beth221 on April 27, 2007, 08:47 PM NHFT
at this point, I will live in someones closet!   >:D

You missed a good party at Kevin's last night...

Dan

We couldn't make it, threw our own cookout in RI.  Got everyone (family/friends) up to speed on our plans not to be in RI an more.  I don't know how much longer I can hold out _not_ accepting a tech job in the Commonwealth (sic).

Beth221

why, was someone in a closet?  Kev has the best parties!!!  he rocks!  They *almost* top my parties!

Beth221

UPDATE::

I GOT FIRED TODAY!!!  (and i am happy! go figure!)

NH HERE I COME!!!    ;D ;D ;D

Dont know when I will make the move, But, it will be soon!!  I just need to tie up a few last minute loose ends here.  One big loose end: DAN!!! 

Dan- get fired too!  Dont make me move without you!!   ;)

(I got fired for disrespecting my employer because I didnt come into work "on time" I am on the clock at 8am, and showed up at 7:55 or so..(and, there was still one co-worker who wasnt even in yet, I dont suppose she got fired, she is the boss's do no wrong daughter!)  but, thats the to the point story of my firing..  Plus in her mind, she thinks i work part time, because of my TDI when i broke my butt, Legally, she can not count that against me!  So, unemployment, here i come!  Its not like i worked for her for 6 months, I was a good employee for 4 years, and now she has a problem with what time I come in..)

So, if someone wakes up and see's a swiss gear tent in their yard, Its me, Dont shoot!    :tent:

error

Beth221

MaineShark

Beth221

Rosie the Riveter

I never thought I would congratulate someone for getting fired, but -- Congratulations!! You'll love living in NH.

Dan

I'm so proud.  :)

I've got no problem with one getting their state unemployment money BACK. 

In other news, I got a nibble on my resume, but from another DoD contractor in MA.

Beth221

thanks!  I know, it feels strange, for being happy, that I was fired.  No one wants to be fired..  Now when I seek another job, Its going to be interesting explaining that I was fired.  But, time is on my side, its not like i was just hired, I was employed for about 4 years.  I think that stands for its self.  But, I promise you all, I will be in NH soon!! 

My job was really holding me back, I felt that if I told her that I was going to be moving to NH, she would have fired me on the spot..so i was holding back until the last possible moment, with giving her a respectable amount of time.

But its over, and I am happy! 

cathleeninnh

Gosh, are there states that allow unemployment compensation when you are fired? I've never heard of that.

Cathleen

Lloyd Danforth

Sometimes you have t go to a hearing.  Most of the time the employer doesn't show up and you win.

Dan

RI has the most liberal employee protection laws, maybe second in some areas only to California.

lastlady

Yes California has easy access to unemployment benefits. You can even get them if you quit under certain circumstances. From what I know this is something that both the employeer and employee pay into. Unlike disability the state doesn't pay much of the unemployment. You do have to have worked for at least one year and they take the highest earnings in a quarter from that year to base the amount you will get. No matter what your income the highest amount one can receive is $450 per week.