• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Drug arrest

Started by Kat Kanning, April 19, 2007, 05:52 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Poor kids.

Drug raid nets 2 suspects KSC students facing charges

Melanie Plenda
Sentinel Staff

Two Keene State College students, who police believe have been selling a substantial amount of drugs to students and others in the region for more than five years, were arrested in a multi-agency raid of their Wilcox Street apartment Wednesday, Keene police Lt. Peter S. Thomas said.

Brandon Caggulia, 26, and Gordon A. Pominville, 28, both of 2 Wilcox Terrace, were arrested after police searched their apartment Wednesday night, allegedly seizing $20,000 in cocaine and marijuana and $5,500 in cash, Thomas said.

"They were significant suppliers in the community," Thomas said today. "Both to the city and the college. We've been aware of them for many years ... since before 2002. These arrests culminate a lengthy investigation into the trafficking of cocaine in the area."

Caggulia and Pominville were each charged with one felony count of possessing cocaine with the intent to distribute it. Pominville faces an additional charge of possessing marijuana with the intent to distribute it.

Thomas gave few details on how the bust came about, saying the investigation was ongoing and more arrests are expected.

Keene police along with other law enforcement officials and members of the N.H. Drug Task Force - about 30 officers - went to the apartment at about 7:30 p.m. with a search warrant.

Police said they found about 3 ounces of cocaine and about 11/2 pounds of marijuana in the apartment.

Thomas would not say how police became aware of Caggulia and Pominville lately, where they got the drugs, or how long police have been investigating the two men.

Both were held at the Cheshire County jail in Westmoreland for lack of $10,000 bail.

They were scheduled to be arraigned today in Keene District Court.

Melanie Plenda can be reached at 352-1234, extension 1436, or mplenda@keenesentinel.com.

error

In other words, they've done nothing wrong, and now their business has been shut down, their assets seized, and did I mention they've done nothing wrong?

Puke

Plants and chemicals are the devil!  ::)

I wonder why the cops knew about these guys for years but waited till now to arrest them?
What a stupid waste of time and police resources. It makes me sick!

error

They probably wanted to make sure there would be suppliers to step into their places.

Insurgent

I'm a little surprised that they went in at 7:30pm rather than 4am, as is the usual MO for drug raids.

Atlas

Quote from: Insurgent on April 19, 2007, 07:13 PM NHFT
I'm a little surprised that they went in at 7:30pm rather than 4am, as is the usual MO for drug raids.
They may have been sold out by 4am. Anyway, someone clearly snitched them out.

SpeedPhreak

They have been on to them for years but could only get 1 of them for 1 charge & the other on 2?

They were major suppliers in the area but can't afford the $10k bail?

Kat Kanning

Not after the cops seized their cash.

SpeedPhreak

A smart big time dealer (a smart anyone) will have cash/gold stashed in a few places for just such a situation.  I do & I'm not a dealer or even rich.

error

Quote from: SpeedPhreak on April 20, 2007, 04:37 PM NHFT
A smart big time dealer (a smart anyone) will have cash/gold stashed in a few places for just such a situation.  I do & I'm not a dealer or even rich.

And someone who has access to it to bring it down to bail you out?

SpeedPhreak

should have mentioned that

& yes

& yes they are trustworthy because they have already done so

Lloyd Danforth

Friend of mine dealt pot out of his bar for years.  He put 10% away for what he was sure was an inevitable need for a lawyer.  It never happened.  When he quit he used some of it to throw one Hell of a  party for his customers!

Kat Kanning

Apparently these guys got bailed out because they're not on the updated prisoner list.

dalebert

I'm going to be writing a story about a superhero who uses his unusual abilities to fight the ridiculous drug laws, and he does it in a completely non-violent way. I can't write it yet for reasons that I can't explain right now but I'll make sure to post an update later.

error

It's Keene. They probably ARE big drug lords in comparison to anyone else in town.