• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Can you hear this?

Started by Kat Kanning, April 19, 2007, 06:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

http://download.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/atc/atc_teenbuzz.mp3

I was listening to the Peter Gabriel song 'In your eyes' the other day, and there were parts of it that had an obnoxiously high pitched tone.  I had to turn the radio down.  It was really weird, cause I like that song and have never heard it before.  So I got to wondering if my raw food diet had improved my hearing.  I just downloaded that ringtone that people over teen years can't hear.  I can hear it.  Can you hear that?

error

I can't hear a thing. I don't know, however, whether that's due to my hearing or my laptop's relatively crappy sound hardware.

Tom Sawyer

I can hear it with headphones, but not through my speakers. Although it is really high freq. almost beyond my hearing.

Insurgent

When I click on that link, I all that I hear is a very high-pitched ringing and no music.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Insurgent on April 19, 2007, 07:10 PM NHFT
When I click on that link, I all that I hear is a very high-pitched ringing and no music.

Me too.

CNHT

I can't hear anything, but then again I just had the electric guitar amps turned up to the max and was playing for a couple hours, so I'm ringing from that.

earthhaven

Ouch! That's really looud  :icon_guitarist:. .

CNHT

tracysaboe

AHHH! !!!!

My ears are ringing now.

Thanks alot Kat. Now, I won't be able to walk straight for a while while my inner ear adjusts.

Tracy

dalebert

I couldn't hear it at first. Then I turned my computer volume all the way up and could hear it fine. I played it again and it was kind of unpleasant. I'm 38. Now, I'm not sure it would be a great ringtone for me because I'm not certain it would get my attention if I were distracted by other noises. Perhaps this is something for Mythbusters.

dalebert

Quote from: Insurgent on April 19, 2007, 07:10 PM NHFT

I just hear a high-pitched sound. Is it music?

dalebert

I submitted this one to Mythbusters. When I played it on my laptop, it was much clearer. Then I realized I had my speakers turned way down on my desktop from playing video games late at night. When I turned them back to normal, it was easy to hear again, and also really unpleasant. It reminds me of that horrible hum that some fluorescent lights produce. I think it means the bulb needs changing or something.

Maybe it has something to do with how badly you've damaged your ears from loud music and what not. I think I've probably not subjected myself to anywhere near what the average person does. I hardly ever go to concerts for instance. Just doesn't interest me.

Raineyrocks

QuoteMaybe it has something to do with how badly you've damaged your ears from loud music and what not.

I love blowing my eardrums out with loud music.  I like when it is so loud I feel the vibrations with every heartbeat.  I know I'll probably be sorry when I get older but I think the world will probably end by then anyways. 8)

KBCraig

I can hear it. I'll be 44 in May, but I've always been pretty protective of my hearing. I even wear hearing protection when I'm mowing.

TylerM

I can barely hear it. Hurts my ears..