• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pittsfield NH: Children 16 and younger subject to 9 p.m. rule

Started by GT, April 12, 2005, 05:26 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

The curfew, in place for a trial year, prohibits anyone younger than 16 from being in a public place between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. A fire horn that can be heard across town is sounded at 9, signaling kids to go home.

The first time a child is caught violating the curfew, he or she is taken home by the police. For a subsequent offense, the police charge the parent or guardian with a misdemeanor. Those under 16 are still able to appear in public at night when accompanied by a parent or guardian, or when heading to or from a job or other lawful activity, like a sporting event or school function.

http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050411/REPOSITORY/504110302/1031

Kat Kanning

What!?  So a 13 year old going out to a movie with parents til 9:30 pm is against the law?

GT

"Those under 16 are still able to appear in public at night when accompanied by a parent or guardian"

It seems their is a small "exception" for parents and guardians. But according to the rule I don't think you could drop your kids off at the movies and at 9:00 and pick them up at 10:15, since they would be unescourted in public.

Erethizon

Michael Fisher

This is why I moved away from Utah.  Laws like this make me sick.

We should gather hundreds of teenagers under 16 years old and just hang out around the town after 9pm.

ravelkinbow

Now now don't you know without the goverment telling you how to raise your children there would be caos, lord knows parents don't have the intelligence to set curfews as they sit fit.

So how much tax payer money did they waste passing this rediculous law?!  Better watch this one before it becomes statewide!

Hey so for the sake of arguement, if I allowed my son to have some friends over for a slumber party and they wanted to play hide and go seak, they would what get arrested if caught.  Would I be arrested for contributing to the deliequency of minors?!

Pat K

No body over 60 should be out after dark, after all we know that their night vision is not good and their reflexes have slown and they should be in bed getting the extra rest they need. Yeah they would never do this ( at least not yet) but kids screw them they can't vote. lets gain some more power.

I think that there   should be a curfew for anybody in goverment, I think it should be around 9 pm cause it is obvious these folks need alot more brain rest.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on April 12, 2005, 11:07 AM NHFT
This is why I moved away from Utah.? Laws like this make me sick.

We should gather hundreds of teenagers under 16 years old and just hang out around the town after 9pm.

But, if you were with them, they wouldn't be breaking the curfew!

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 13, 2005, 07:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: LeRuineur6 on April 12, 2005, 11:07 AM NHFT
This is why I moved away from Utah.? Laws like this make me sick.

But, if you were with them, they wouldn't be breaking the curfew!

Also you would have to hang out around hundreds of teenagers,and one should not have to suffer that much. Not even for liberty.

Dave Ridley

Hmm...here's an idea:  What if we were to have some kind of sound that was made around town which was to indicate that government officials need to be inside? 

GT

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 14, 2005, 12:57 PM NHFT
Hmm...here's an idea:? What if we were to have some kind of sound that was made around town which was to indicate that government officials need to be inside??

If they pass HB68 you won't be able to make any noise either. The sound police are already patrolling in Manchester  :(

Pat K

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 14, 2005, 12:57 PM NHFT
Hmm...here's an idea:? What if we were to have some kind of sound that was made around town which was to indicate that government officials need to be inside??

Good idea I think the sound should be =The braying of Jackasses, most appropriate.

ravelkinbow

Quote from: Pat K on April 14, 2005, 04:13 PM NHFT
Good idea I think the sound should be =The braying of Jackasses, most appropriate.

LAUGHING MY A** OFF

KBCraig

Quote from: ravelkinbow on April 14, 2005, 11:20 PM NHFT
Quote from: Pat K on April 14, 2005, 04:13 PM NHFT

LAUGHING MY A** OFF

Don't be redundant again!

Kevin