• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anyone an experienced news anchor?

Started by Rosie the Riveter, April 24, 2007, 09:20 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

ANCHOR/REPORTER  WMUR, the Hearst-Argyle Television station in NH is looking for a full time anchor/reporter. Candidate will anchor weekend morning newscasts and report three days a week. At least two years, full time anchor/reporter experience at a commercial television station required. Your tape should show strong story telling and writing along with active live-shots and stand-ups. Send tapes to: Reporter Opening, WMUR-TV, 100 S. Commercial St., Manchester, NH 03101. WMUR-TV/HEARST-ARGYLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN THE HIRING, TRAINING, OR PROMOTION OF EMPLOYEES BY REASON OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX &/OR NATIONAL ORIGIN
Published In: The Union Leader
on 04/22/2007

error

I absolutely should not appear on television. :)

penguins4me

error

I don't have the required on-air TV experience. (Though I did work in the college TV station.)

powerchuter

error

Margot on television? Heh.

Besides, it's a weekend anchor position, which is pretty close to the bottom of the heap in TV news.

KBCraig

Quote from: error on April 26, 2007, 08:44 PM NHFT
Besides, it's a weekend anchor position, which is pretty close to the bottom of the heap in TV news.

Job longevity in that slot is 3-6 months, tops. That's why, despite having written the TV newscast format that is still in use at my alma mater more than 20 years later, and having designed the radio studio that is also still in use (both are active still broadcast stations), I declined to actually enter the field of broadcast journalism. I was awarded my "BA-JOUR" and my "2LT-FA" on the same day. I do thank the Army for giving me 42 months of active-duty skepticism about the field of journalism in general.

Kevin

error

I gave up TV after my freshman year in college.

eques

I have absolutely no broadcast experience, radio, TV, or otherwise, though it would be kind of fun to do on a lark (in my own mind, of course).

But I bet that they discriminate against fatties and guys who don't shave every day.

Too bad, that.  I'd be one hell of a broadcaster (again, in my own mind ;)).

Raineyrocks

Quote from: James A. Pyrich on April 28, 2007, 07:47 AM NHFT
I have absolutely no broadcast experience, radio, TV, or otherwise, though it would be kind of fun to do on a lark (in my own mind, of course).

But I bet that they discriminate against fatties and guys who don't shave every day.

Too bad, that.  I'd be one hell of a broadcaster (again, in my own mind ;)).

Yeah James I think you'd be a pretty good broadcaster too.  I would buy you a thesaurus though so you could make those big words I don't understand into smaller, simpler ones.   ;D