• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Going to Jail on 4/27

Started by SpeedPhreak, April 25, 2007, 11:42 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedPhreak

The following is why I can't move to NH right now, it's why I want so badly the FSP to work & soon & why I consider expatriating or disappearing on a large ocean going boat...

The path that led me to the FSP & then this website was a path I wish I did not have to follow.  It was actually more of a detour I took while I was on the path of expatriation.  A path I will now probalby follow as soon as I can find a country that will take me.  I got on the path because I was looking for a loop hole, a way out of our corrupt system.

I am going to jail because state law revokes my bond upon a guilty plea & I have to be in custody until my sentencing 6 - 12wks.  Never mind the fact that I have been out on bond for over a year & am still here.

I have to take the deal - my lawyer says I will lose the trial & if that happens I will spend several years - even decades - in prison.

My crime, with out getting into details, involves age of consent in a 100% consenual act.  Her parents actually encouraged her to go places with me & now they call the prosecutor weekly to make sure I go to prison.

A crime that would not have been a crime in several states a decade ago, not a crime in any state 100yrs ago, a crime that is not a crime in almost 50 countries in the world today & in most of the countries it is the punishment is but a fraction of the punishment I face.  Yet in my state it is a crime that is so horrific I wont be able to see my daughter (or anyone else under 18)- even have a picture of her or send her a birthday card for a minimum of several months possibly until she is 18... again I have lived w/her for over a year now... luckily I still have partial ownership of my other home.  I will have to give DNA samples, consent to searches any time they see fit, lose my job, possibly lose my business, register for the rest of my life as a sex offender, be on supervised probation for a min of 10yrs, have to go to weekly therapy where I will be around real child molesters & rapists, be subjected to a test/treatment where they put a measuring device around my member & make me look at pictures of little kids in sexual poses to see if it arouses me.  I will never be allowed to teach again or to plan the city Haunted House I do every year.  I can't legally own a firearm & I may not be allowed to legally use the internet.  I will have to take regular polygraphs to make sure I am adhering to the "rules".  I can't vote (not that I ever did), won't be able to get a job, & can't own certain businesses.

My daughter will never see me at her functions, she will never be allowed to have friends stay the night (assuming I am allowed back into my own home), she faces the possibility of not knowing her father, of being an outcast in her school (her mom will have to send her to public school if I can't be allowed to home school her), & of not getting the benifit of a loving 2 parent household.

My lawyer says they are screwing me.  He says he has never seen a case like mine NOT get a defered sentence & he was a former sex crimes prosecutor... they are giving me the harshest punishment outside of a prison sentence they can & he doesn't know why.  He actually felt so bad about my situation he said I didn't have to pay the rest of what I owed him & he would represent me as long as I needed (possibly years).  Even though several people outside my family write character statements - something I didn't even ask them to do.  One of these people was an ethics supervisor at a bank - she was fired for doing her job.  Another is a mother of 3 kids.  Another is a city manager.  The DA has an option to charge me w/a crime that carries all the same penalties but lets me stay out on bond until sentencing - letting me keep my job & business... she wont even do that.

I am not writing this looking for pity or sympathy.  I am writing because my options are now limited & I need to see which ones are still open.

Is the FSP still going to welcome me?  I am assuming "yes" based on what I have read in other threads.

If it is yes I will need the help of people making the move - I will have to have a reason to move & a place set up to move to (job/business, etc..).  I will have more details at a later time.

I can still run to a foreign country  (BTW D O G would probably be the bounty hunter after me) & hope if I am ever caught dual criminality would save me (the host country wouldn't extradite me on account that this would not have been a crime there).  I don't have the resources or the support to do that though.

So my last posts are drawing near... will I be welcome back?

Other suggestions?

firecracker joe

If I was you i would take it in front of a jury they try to scare everyone with the long sentence if you dont see it there way so when you go to jail you will not only be a felon but  as known in prison as a skinner, child molesters dont do well in gen pop doesn't matter if it wasn't against the law or not 100 years ago.If i were in your shoes i would run to NH as fast as i could and refuse to be extradited or start body building and beat the shit out of the first guy to give you shit about your charge. I've seen what happens to skinners behind the walls its not pretty.Run Run Run.The system is not fair anymore.Maybe ed brown can put you up you'd be safe there.

d_goddard

There are several people in NH working at the grassroots level to reduce the harm of these "sex crime" laws.

One that was not passed, but got a surprising amount of support:
http://www.generalcourt.org/bills/2007/HB591

A "bad" one that was killed:
http://www.generalcourt.org/bills/2007/HB340

burnthebeautiful

The FSP is made up of individuals, so the only way to answer the question of whether or not you'll be accepted by the FSP is to say that some individuals will accept you, and others might not. Just like the rest of society, the FSP is made up people with varying opinions when it comes to sex. Whatever personal opinions people have, however, it's safe to say you won't find many Freestaters, if any, that think the government should be doing what it's doing to you.

At the very least I think you will find at least some people who will support you and do what they can to help, should you move to New Hampshire. You will not be refused membership of the FSP, or get kicked out or anything like that, if that's what you meant.

KBCraig

I'm sure folks will either welcome you or not based on the actual ages and acts involved.

Kat Kanning

So you were cheating on your wife with someone under 18?

SpeedPhreak

thanks for the comments so far.

Quote from: jose on April 25, 2007, 12:22 PM NHFT
If I was you i would take it in front of a jury they try to scare everyone with the long sentence if you dont see it there way so when you go to jail you will not only be a felon but  as known in prison as a skinner, child molesters dont do well in gen pop doesn't matter if it wasn't against the law or not 100 years ago.If i were in your shoes i would run to NH as fast as i could and refuse to be extradited or start body building and beat the shit out of the first guy to give you shit about your charge. I've seen what happens to skinners behind the walls its not pretty.Run Run Run.The system is not fair anymore.Maybe ed brown can put you up you'd be safe there.

the problem is my lawyer said if we try & notify the jury of jury nulification &/or the penalties involved we will have a mis trial.

i will only be going to county for now... the jail term is not part of the sentence only because my bond is going to be revoked & I have to be in custody until I am sentenced.  I am not going to trial because in CO the prison sentence is very long.  My lawyer says I would probably be sentenced to the minimum if I went to trial & lost.  But the minimum is 2yrs... but you can't be released until you go through treatment - all 4 levels.  Each level can take a few years.  The "system" wont start your "treatment" until your sentence is up & right now no one is getting treatment due to lack of funds... so my lawyer says it would be 2yrs on paper but in reality could be 20-30.  Supposedly only 3 or 4 people have been released on these charges since these laws went into effect.

I want to run but my daughter is my priority & if I run I won't see her - possibly forever.  If I take the deal I will have to jump through hoops but hopefully I can see her w/in a few months.

Ed Brown? now that is a very interesting idea.  something I would consider - but I can only see the reality of that ending badly.  Plus my situation could very possibly hinder their situation & I wouldn't want to do that to them.

I used to body build & I used to teach martial arts.  I have only lost 1 fight in the last 12 years & it was 2 on 1... hopefully it wont come to that because I have a feeling new charges will arise & I won't ever get out.
Quote from: Captain Liberty on April 25, 2007, 01:19 PM NHFT
The FSP is made up of individuals, so the only way to answer the question of whether or not you'll be accepted by the FSP is to say that some individuals will accept you, and others might not. Just like the rest of society, the FSP is made up people with varying opinions when it comes to sex. Whatever personal opinions people have, however, it's safe to say you won't find many Freestaters, if any, that think the government should be doing what it's doing to you.

At the very least I think you will find at least some people who will support you and do what they can to help, should you move to New Hampshire. You will not be refused membership of the FSP, or get kicked out or anything like that, if that's what you meant.

I did not mean it quite that literally... but its good to know.  I meant the general sentiment on the situation.

Quote from: KBCraig on April 25, 2007, 01:28 PM NHFT
I'm sure folks will either welcome you or not based on the actual ages and acts involved.

details I don't want to get into at this time

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 25, 2007, 01:30 PM NHFT
So you were cheating on your wife with someone under 18?

I was not & am still not married.  I never claimed to be an angel.  I once led a very promiscious life style (bartender for over 5yrs).  At the time of this incident my girlfriend & I had a somewhat open relationship.  After the fact we redefined the nature of our relationship & I am now monogomous w/her as she is w/me. 

Again thanks.

LiveFree

Sounds like you're getting the shaft dude.  These laws making consensual acts between what not too long ago were considered adults are just retarded.  I feel for ya man.  Talk about a rough situation.

error

Look into the laws regarding vindictive and malicious prosecution. District attorneys can lose their jobs and go to prison themselves sometimes.

penguins4me

Quote from: jose on April 25, 2007, 12:22 PM NHFTMaybe ed brown can put you up you'd be safe there.

While I agree with all else you'd said, I have to wonder: is it really wise to encourage others who have run afoul of the law (regardless of how absolutely stupid said law may or may not be) to consolidate in one place? Sure, maybe if we're talking 500+ people, all over the dumbest of laws, but we've already seen how most larger groups are often dealt with.
Then there's the matter of Ed and Elane themselves: they already have enough hanging over their heads. Perhaps they may not want to attact any more unwanted attention to their home? Sure, I suppose they might, but one can only then image what sort of fields days the so-called "news" agencies would have...

"Convicted child rapist holed up in compound with EVIL GUNZ!" ... Sound familiar? :(

KBCraig

Quote from: SpeedPhreak on April 25, 2007, 01:37 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on April 25, 2007, 01:28 PM NHFT

details I don't want to get into at this time

Understandable. Perhaps I should elaborate: I don't think anyone here will declare you "unwelcome" because of what the government, a judge, or even a jury said. That said, there are lots of family folks here, who will probably judge you differently depending on whether you were regularly having intercourse with a 12 year old, or just did some one-time heavy petting with a 16 year old. In some states the charges would be the same, but our individual personal judgment might allow more room.

Kevin

SpeedPhreak

Quote from: KBCraig on April 25, 2007, 11:53 PM NHFT

Understandable. Perhaps I should elaborate: I don't think anyone here will declare you "unwelcome" because of what the government, a judge, or even a jury said. That said, there are lots of family folks here, who will probably judge you differently depending on whether you were regularly having intercourse with a 12 year old, or just did some one-time heavy petting with a 16 year old. In some states the charges would be the same, but our individual personal judgment might allow more room.

Kevin

I see where you are coming from. 

I will say it is much closer to the 2nd scenario than the 1st.

she pursued me (w/her parents knowledge) for a long time & I said no more than once (we have proof) - CO is a state where embracing someone w/a kiss & "hands" is the same as full blown intercource. 

In trial there is no mention of jury nulification or possible penalties.  The jury may think if they find me guilty that I will get a couple years probation & thats it - when in reality it will be a lengthy prison sentence.  The defense is not allowed to tell the jury either.
---------------
I took today off work (I am going to be fired anyway) & am taking my daughter out for lunch & maybe to the museum or something (she loves going places)... talk w/you guys later

Raineyrocks

QuoteI see where you are coming from.

I will say it is much closer to the 2nd scenario than the 1st.

she pursued me (w/her parents knowledge) for a long time & I said no more than once (we have proof) - CO is a state where embracing someone w/a kiss & "hands" is the same as full blown intercource.

In trial there is no mention of jury nulification or possible penalties.  The jury may think if they find me guilty that I will get a couple years probation & thats it - when in reality it will be a lengthy prison sentence.  The defense is not allowed to tell the jury either.
---------------
I took today off work (I am going to be fired anyway) & am taking my daughter out for lunch & maybe to the museum or something (she loves going places)... talk w/you guys later

Is there anyway you can reason with her parents?  Why all of a sudden did they change like that?  You probably tried or thought of this already but it was the first thing I thought of.  I don't know if your allowed to contact her or her family, probably not.  Do you know someone that can talk to them and maybe get something on record, (don't know about taping someone without their knowledge), that shows their involvement or consent?
If you did go to jury wouldn't it help your case if you had a lot of character witnesses?  Your lawyer seems to not be thinking of a lot of alternate routes for you, are you sure you trust him?  Sorry for all the questions , I'm just trying to brainstorm here. :)

SpeedPhreak

you are right about my lawyer - i think i should have picked a different one

i guess the defective on the case (i learned today) is being sued along w/the city by a friend of a friend who was harrased & forced out of business by the town we live in.  He even had to get a lawyer from out of state because the lawyer he had suddenly droped him as a client.  Supposedly the FBI is somewhat involved & bunch of other stuff.  This town is corrupt - definatly a "good ole boys" mentality around here.  I have been a target since high school (when i moved here) & recently found out just how far that all went (both of these are long stories & I wont get into it).

anyone talking to the family on my behalf risks tampering charges - a felony.

my lawyer really doesn't think a trial is a good idea - & he has a really good trial record.  I don't want to risk years in prison.  At least this way I will be out & be able to work on getting to NH & maybe things there will be better for me.  From the sounds of it, it will be.  I guess CO is 1 of, if not the, worst states for this type of thing.

Thanks for all the support & understanding - you really have no idea how much that means.  Actually everyone so far that knows me & I tell them the situation are supportive.  Even a cop that teaches Jujitsu at our school that doesn't even really know me but knows this family is on my side (he didnt make a statement because he already has issues w/the dept & he said it wouldn't really change the DAs mind).

I think my best hope is to jump through their hoops & build a support network in NH so I can move my probation there... unless my g/f gets this job in AZ for $50k/yr.  We will see... I will know more later.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: SpeedPhreak on April 26, 2007, 05:48 PM NHFT
you are right about my lawyer - i think i should have picked a different one

i guess the defective on the case (i learned today) is being sued along w/the city by a friend of a friend who was harrased & forced out of business by the town we live in.  He even had to get a lawyer from out of state because the lawyer he had suddenly droped him as a client.  Supposedly the FBI is somewhat involved & bunch of other stuff.  This town is corrupt - definatly a "good ole boys" mentality around here.  I have been a target since high school (when i moved here) & recently found out just how far that all went (both of these are long stories & I wont get into it).

anyone talking to the family on my behalf risks tampering charges - a felony.

my lawyer really doesn't think a trial is a good idea - & he has a really good trial record.  I don't want to risk years in prison.  At least this way I will be out & be able to work on getting to NH & maybe things there will be better for me.  From the sounds of it, it will be.  I guess CO is 1 of, if not the, worst states for this type of thing.

Thanks for all the support & understanding - you really have no idea how much that means.  Actually everyone so far that knows me & I tell them the situation are supportive.  Even a cop that teaches Jujitsu at our school that doesn't even really know me but knows this family is on my side (he didnt make a statement because he already has issues w/the dept & he said it wouldn't really change the DAs mind).

I think my best hope is to jump through their hoops & build a support network in NH so I can move my probation there... unless my g/f gets this job in AZ for $50k/yr.  We will see... I will know more later.

I don't blame you for not wanting to gamble on the trial thing but if your lawyer has a good trial record what's his problem with pulling it off for you?  I don't know if this is the right legal terminology but could you ask for a change of venue, (move the trial to a different location, state even), because of the "good ole boy" mentality there?  I knew someone that was up on drug charges and he got the right lawyer that knew the right people in the system, greased some palms and got off without even having probation?  My uncle always told me it's important to have a lawyer that knows the right people.   :dontknow: