• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Self-sufficiency books

Started by Quantrill, April 25, 2007, 08:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quantrill

Just curious what books people on here like in regards to self-sufficiency.  Paladin-press has a lot of good stuff.  I like all books I've read by Ragnar Benson.  I enjoy reading Boston T. Party's work.  Backwoods Home Magazine has great stuff.

So what do you all like and what books do you have that I should read?  Maybe we could swap a few...

If there's any interest maybe I'll list the books that have made the move with me.

SpeedPhreak

i would love to read some of ragnars books.

mother earth news
home power magazine

I never heard of backwoods home - i will check it out.

porcupine kate

I like these and I'm always looking for more books.

The Complete Tightwad Gazette
Your Money or Your life
The Encyclopedia of Country living
Patriots Surviving the Coming Collapse
Boston's Y2K book  I don't know what the updated edition is called.
Boston's Gun Bible
Square Foot Gardening
an old edition of The joy of Cooking
179 Things to do Till the Revolution
Five Acres and Independence

The first two are good if you are looking for ways to make your paycheck go farther so you can start getting more self sufficient.

Kat Kanning

I like that Encyclopedia of Country Living.  :)

Raineyrocks

I like When Technology Fails by Matthew Stein and The Survival Retreat by Ragnar Benson.

kola

Order all the Mother Earth News magazines from 1970 to the present. They now have all of them complied on 3 CD's for about 30 buckeroos.

The only thing not covered is articles on weapons and ammo. Lots of good books on that stuff.

This book is a must:

Country Wisdom and Know-how by Storey Books Publishing
about 2000 pages of pics and info covering everthing you need to know to live off the land.
Cost: 20 bucks.

Kola

Fragilityh14

"How to Live Without a Salary"

I dont remember who it is by, but it is a guidebook to the "conserver lifestyle" and is primarily about finding as much freedom as possible from having to work for someone else constantly (It isn't about how to bum around, it is essentially about how to live cheaply, produce things for yourself, and enjoy your life. But the author concedes for a lot of people it may just be a guide on how to work less or just have a more fulfilling life on their current salary)

Puke

How To Survive a Robot Uprising: Tips on Defending Yourself Against the Coming Rebellion
By: Daniel H. Wilson

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Fragilityh14 on September 04, 2007, 02:04 PM NHFT

I dont remember who it is by, but it is a guidebook to the "conserver lifestyle" and is primarily about finding as much freedom as possible from having to work for someone else constantly (It isn't about how to bum around, it is essentially about how to live cheaply, produce things for yourself, and enjoy your life. But the author concedes for a lot of people it may just be a guide on how to work less or just have a more fulfilling life on their current salary)

Is this it?
http://product.half.ebay.com/How-to-Survive-Without-a-Salary_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ2677379

sandm000

Kat Kanning

Cool!  That'll really come in handy  ;D

sandm000

Also I found all of these books on Amazon, so send a little business their way, if you are interested in the books, to help make up for the bandwidth they have to use to host the picture.

Quote from: SpeedPhreak on April 25, 2007, 09:43 PM NHFT
i would love to read some of ragnars books.

I got a whole bunch of these off a torrent. Check out btjunkie.org

EthanAllen

Quote from: kola on August 31, 2007, 03:40 PM NHFT

This book is a must:

Country Wisdom and Know-how by Storey Books Publishing
about 2000 pages of pics and info covering everthing you need to know to live off the land.
Cost: 20 bucks.

My sister works for them...

Fragilityh14

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 05, 2007, 09:46 AM NHFT
Quote from: Fragilityh14 on September 04, 2007, 02:04 PM NHFT

Is this it?
http://product.half.ebay.com/How-to-Survive-Without-a-Salary_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ2677379

yes its how to survive without a salary, apparently.