• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The shit is rapidly heading towards the fan NOW

Started by error, April 26, 2007, 02:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Oh, some people didn't actually read the article, and so failed to realize that 2017 is not the date to worry about -- THIS YEAR is.

SpeedPhreak

guilty - i read the article (medi care this year) but not the pdf.

Rochelle

So, everybody, shout "Aye" if you seriously thought that there was going to be any money for you from social security when you retired.

*crickets*

Anyone? Helloooooooo???

Sorry, but na?ve I am not. I wish to god though that the government would stop telling me on the one hand that there's not going to be any money left for me, while taking money out of my pocket with the other. >:(

Insurgent

I work in the home medical products business; we've seen this coming for quite a while. It seems like every year Medicare reimburses less and less for equipment, despite rising costs.

Figure in rising fuel and food costs and no matter how you slice it, we're all screwed!

error

Eh, the only people who are going to be screwed are Medicare recipients and taxpayers.

Be a nontaxpayer and you might survive this.

David

Quote from: SpeedPhreak on April 26, 2007, 06:38 PM NHFT
damn - i was hoping it was sooner :(
I generally do not trust the gov'ts numbers.  I believe it will be sooner.  But ss will never go away, unless they change the name, but then only for political marketing.  Gov't programs almost never end.  My favorite case in point-periodically the pensioners in russia will protest in the streets demanding more money because they can't live off what is being paid out.  I should mention that even as russia was effectively bankrupt, they still never got rid of the program.  Furthermore, with inflation, the gov't can 'raise' the amount of payout, yet still effectively reduce the real amount paid, every year. 
Long Live the grand idea of legal initiation of force.   ::) ::)

dalebert

Quote from: Rochelle on April 26, 2007, 07:03 PM NHFT
So, everybody, shout "Aye" if you seriously thought that there was going to be any money for you from social security when you retired.

*crickets*

Exactly. The horse in Animal Farm was worked until he couldn't work anymore. When it came time to put him out to pasture as gov't promised, he was sent off to the glue factory.

41mag

Does this mean that they won't be "fixing" the hole (or gap, or whatever) in Medicare part D?

>:D

powerchuter

Get out of the "system" / "matrix" NOW!
Don't wait...thinking that someone else will fix it...

We need as many people off the grid as possible!
As soon as possible!

We will need people providing basic necessities like food and water...
We will need people providing tools of every kind(including defensive)...
We will need people generating reliable electricity and communications services...

Anything and everything will be needed...

Learning to do this now will be much easier than after the crap gets blown...

Lloyd Danforth

It is always a good idea to be prepared, and to insulate oneself from the damages a collapse in the economy can cause, but, as I have stated before I first heard the US economy was going to collapse 'tomorrow' about 1970.

powerchuter

I agree that the puppet-masters have kept the show going much longer than anyone could have imagined...
There isn't anything "wrong" with that...it just means if we take action now we may have a more peaceful transition to interacting with others on a completely voluntary level based on the Non-Aggression Principle and the Golden Rule...

penguins4me

An economic collapse doesn't necessarily mean we will all go back to living in caves and hunting small rodents with clubs. Here are some letters written by a guy who lived/is living through the aftermath of the economic collapse of Argentina. The majorty of the information is helpful and enlightening.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: penguins4me on April 27, 2007, 07:17 AM NHFT
An economic collapse doesn't necessarily mean we will all go back to living in caves and hunting small rodents with clubs. Here are some letters written by a guy who lived/is living through the aftermath of the economic collapse of Argentina. The majorty of the information is helpful and enlightening.

Great link Penguins4me, thanks!  I just read the guys story and advice so far but it looks like the site has a lot of other good links too. :)

error

Quote from: Lloyd  Danforth on April 27, 2007, 06:54 AM NHFT
It is always a good idea to be prepared, and to insulate oneself from the damages a collapse in the economy can cause, but, as I have stated before I first heard the US economy was going to collapse 'tomorrow' about 1970.

Were Medicare and Social Security on the brink of collapse then?

Dreepa

Quote from: David on April 26, 2007, 07:54 PM NHFT
  My favorite case in point-periodically the pensioners in russia will protest in the streets demanding more money because they can't live off what is being paid out.  I should mention that even as russia was effectively bankrupt, they still never got rid of the program. 
The old people in Russia truly got fucked.  When inflation was going on their $100/ month pension ended up being only a few dollars per month.