• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Whole Foods

Started by JonM, April 26, 2007, 03:05 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JonM

So I was in the Whole Foods in Bedford, MA yesterday and saw a sign about them accepting old electronics (computers, TVs) for recycling today.  I went to the website to look up the number of the one in Woburn, MA to see if they were doing it too (yes).  Since I have a couple of 286 computers and amber monitors to unload, horray.

I clicked on stores in development . . .

New Hampshire
Nashua
Whole Foods Market
Nashua, NH
55,000 sq. ft.
Opening date to be announced.

Woo...Hoo.

Dreepa

My wife is dying for a Trader Joes in NH

JonM

There is a Trader Joes a few hundred feet over the border in MA, south of Nashua.

David

btw, whole foods is owned( in part) by a dyed in the wool liberal, turned left leaning libertarian.  His beliefs evolved when the theories and ideas he had were not meeting up with the reality of running a business, especially when it was time to pay the bills and the hired help.   ;D  He used to maintain a blog on the whole foods web site. 

Dreepa

Quote from: Jon Maltz on April 26, 2007, 03:09 PM NHFT
There is a Trader Joes a few hundred feet over the border in MA, south of Nashua.
oh I know the Tynesboro one very well...

mappchik

Quote from: Dreepa on April 26, 2007, 03:28 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jon Maltz on April 26, 2007, 03:09 PM NHFT
oh I know the Tynesboro one very well...

There's a TJs within proper distance for a fun day of shopping?
That. Is. Wonderful.

A store just opened a comfortable bike ride away from my house. I have become almost fanatical about the place.
I only shop there when biking. The basket limits the amount of browsing & impulse buying I do. Guess I'll just have to work on the willpower after we move, since I'll be driving my truck. (Lots of willpower, since it's a supercrew, and the back seats fold up to make extra cargo room for those paper bags.)

Dreepa

Quote from: mappchik on April 26, 2007, 04:11 PM NHFT

There's a TJs within proper distance for a fun day of shopping?

I guess it depends on what you think is proper distance.

It is far enough away from us (about an hour) that we only go about once a month or when I have to go to MA for business or to see some relatives.

MaineShark

There are several natural food stores around.  There's one in Portsmouth on Rt1, south of the circle.  There's Granite State Natural Foods in Concord.  I'm sure there are others.

And there are local farmers who sell their wares at farmers' markets and the like.

Joe

JonM

TJ's isn't exactly a natural foods store, they still sell stuff with hydrongenated fat, which Whole Foods won't.  But they tend to have very good prices on dried fruits and nuts.  They also have quite the selection of stuff you can't find elsewhere easily.

mappchik

I get the fresh produce "staples" on my way home from TraderJoes, now that the fruit/veggie stand is open.
I get a lot of dried fruit, nuts, and cheese. There's a white stilton that comes with either blueberries or apricots that is amazing on salads. Makes a bowl of fresh spinach feel downright decadent.

I spend more than an hour getting to the big farmers market that's only about 15 miles away from me, so a once a month trip to stock up on my favorites is worth it. I'm actually looking forward to trip times being distance related, instead of traffic congestion.

d_goddard

Quote from: MaineShark on April 26, 2007, 04:49 PM NHFT
Granite State Natural Foods in Concord.
That's where I get my yummy tempeh, tofu, and TVP!  ;D

David

Try to stay away from 'two buck chuck'.   >:D >:D

mappchik

Quote from: David on April 26, 2007, 07:43 PM NHFT
Try to stay away from 'two buck chuck'.   >:D >:D

Took almost two handfuls of aspirin and a full pot of coffee to recover last time I had a couple glasses of two buck chuck.  :coffee: Can't imagine how bad the headache would have been if I'd had enough to get tipsy.

error

I was going to ask what two buck chuck was, but then I found it in Wikipedia (!). No thanks.

JonM

According to the customer service person in the Bedford, MA Whole Foods the Nashua store won't be open until 2008.