• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porcupine Manor(s) (please post available rooms here)

Started by b1ueemu, April 26, 2007, 03:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

b1ueemu

Could Porcupines who want roommates post the information here, please?

The cost of an initial rent (as much as $2500) will be a persistent barrier for young movers. Finding a decent room is not easy. It seems that small Manors would provide an environment conducive of activism. I have a feeling a lot of people could use this service, myself, and Dreepa, included.

Quantrill

We're now down to 7 people in the house...

b1ueemu

Other expenses:
Roommates:
Term:
Contract/Lease?

Thanks!

MaineShark

Denise and I have a room or two available.

Location: Northwood (20 minutes to Concord, 30 to Portsmouth)
Rent: Negotiable, but value in the neighborhood of $500 per month
Other expenses: Portion of utilities, depending on circumstances.
Roommates: Just us and our 4-month-old son, right now. No pets.
Term: At will, although we'd probably give a better deal to someone willing to make a short committment.
Contract/Lease? We'd prefer to privately contract, based out the terms we work out, rather than deal with the State.

Joe

PowerPenguin

That's cool. I won't be moving until the 2nd half of next year, but where's a good place to find this kind of info? I'd prefer to deal with porc and porc sympathizers, but reality at any given moment is not always conducive to that. I've never rented before, and I would prefer to pay the landlord for utilities, etc. rather than paying the bills directly- Don't want my name on more records than I can get away with!

b1ueemu

Quote from: powerpenguin on April 27, 2007, 04:49 PM NHFT
That's cool. I won't be moving until the 2nd half of next year, but where's a good place to find this kind of info? I'd prefer to deal with porc and porc sympathizers, but reality at any given moment is not always conducive to that. I've never rented before, and I would prefer to pay the landlord for utilities, etc. rather than paying the bills directly- Don't want my name on more records than I can get away with!

Craigslist has a rooms area, and sometimes you see listings in local newspapers. If you know someone at a college in the area you want to live, schools usually have online posting boards accessible by students. And hopefully people will post whatever rooms they can find here, for us to peruse. But primarily, Craigslist.

supperman15

id be interested in any room in Manchester wven if it is just for a couple of months so i can get a job and find someplace else.  ill be heading up in aughust.

PowerPenguin

Quote from: b1ueemu on April 27, 2007, 05:10 PM NHFT
Craigslist has a rooms area, and sometimes you see listings in local newspapers. If you know someone at a college in the area you want to live, schools usually have online posting boards accessible by students. And hopefully people will post whatever rooms they can find here, for us to peruse. But primarily, Craigslist.

Thanks for the tip.