• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sobriety check set for this weekend.

Started by Dreepa, April 27, 2007, 01:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

error

Quantrill

I think I should drive up that way and slur my speech and do my best to appear inebriated.  That way they'll spend time giving me the sobriety test, hassling me, search me and my car, etc...   and let everyone else through.

Pat K

Well I think they should make sure those cops are sober all the time.  :)

d_goddard

Here's a fun thought experiment. What if a person were to:

Drive thru the area multiple times.
Have on hand a voice recording device -- tape recorder, MP3 voice recorder, or even just a cell phone opened up.
For a little more fun, to take a print-out of RSA 570
Ideally and for extra credit, also have on hand a video recording device that does *NOT* record audio.

At the outset, have everything OFF and NOT recording.
When stopped by a cop, the first words would be "is it OK if I record this conversation?"
If the cop says "no", simply switch on the video-ONLY-no-audio recording device. He's not allowed to tell anyone to turn off a pure video recording. Any complaints the officer has about that, he can be referred to RSA 570-A... or just give consent to be audio recorded.

Once that's settled:
* if being audio-only recorded, be curteous and polite in voice, but make rude faces. Stick out tongue, etc. Act like the officer is being offensive and rude when he asks "why are you looking at me funny?"
* if being video-only recorded, make remarks about rampant police brutality, the 92-year-old woman murdered by our "protectors", the "armed gang of thugs", Michael Gannon, Eugene Siler, etc.

... hilarity ensues, as well as a PERFECT piece of evidence to support the next attempt at "Gannon legislation"

supperman15

This is the type of stuff id like to do with my company.  It would be a perfect chance for invisible theatre.  Basically you would have a caravan of people.  and then you would have this person doing those things.  then in the cars behind them people would start complaining and honking and trying to cause a ruckus and get the other people in line to think and talk about it. 
Or everyone pull off to the side of the road and get out of there cars and just camp out till the police go away.
or perhaps get out and lock there keys in there car. 
Or you could have people posted at intersections near buy with sings saying Warning, "violations of private property and illegal search and seizure ahead. If you love freedom honk and take a different rout"
Or a combination of a lot of things, basically peacefully making sure the cops don?t want to do this again.
I?m not sure how good my ideas are but those are just off the top of my head.  Yet, the possibilities are endless.

Rochelle

I think it'd be funnier if we got a lot of people to drive through there and pull a Russell--refuse to show any documentation of any kind, regardless of whether or not you actually have any.

I wonder if they would arrest everyone :P

d_goddard

Insurgent

They did this on route 4 in Epson on New Years Eve. I drove through once each way, because I had to. For those who haven't seen the enormity of this operation, it's worth driving through just to experience it.

They have at least a dozen squad cars, and dozens of cops on foot. Huge floodlights set up that turn the night in to day. Tow trucks on hand to tow offending cars away. Cones are set up in the traffic lanes to herd the cars through. They make everyone drive through real slowly and if you have an old car, are black, have a light out, or attract suspicion somehow, they flag you to pull over in to the inspection area. Then they go on their fishing trip.

On a related note, the Border Patrol had a checkpoint set up on 93S up by Lincoln the other day. I don't know how frequent that is, but they made every single vehicle stop in the lane of traffic. Everyone put their window down and undoubtedly made some nervous greeting to the cops standing there, who would then wave them through. When I got up there I didn't put my window down and just scowled at the cop until he waved me through  >:(

error

I probably would have gotten myself arrested. "The Mexicans are coming across the OTHER border!"

FTL_Ian

Quote from: d_goddard on April 27, 2007, 05:14 PM NHFT
When stopped by a cop, the first words would be "is it OK if I record this conversation?"

My first words would be, "For our mutual protection I am notifying you that this conversation is being recorded."

If a cop doesn't like that, he can go away.

John

Quote from: supperman15 on April 27, 2007, 05:47 PM NHFTeveryone pull off to the side of the road and get out of there cars and just camp out till the police go away.

;D

CHECK POINTS - WTF.
Sounds like "those EVIL countries" we used to hear about . . .
It can't happen here - right?  We are "the freest country in the world" - right?

"Our government" could/would never turn EVIL - right?

Dave Ridley

plannign complex fantasy operations is great but in the meantime dont forget you can CALL the perps, they are listed below.  I've called others on this issue, hopefully i will be able to call all these too.

By WALTER ALARKON
Monitor staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 27. 2007 8:00AM

T
he police will conduct a sobriety checkpoint in the Epsom area this weekend.

Officers will stop drivers to see if they are under the influence. The police didn't specify the time or location of the checkpoint. Pembroke Police Chief Scott Lane said it would likely be on either Route 28 or 4. The Merrimack County Sheriff's Office and the police from Epsom, Pembroke and Allenstown had received a federal grant to pay for the checkpoint.

WALTER ALARKON

This article is: 0 days old

aries

I wasnt going to make a thread about it but I'll mention the feds were set up at exit 30 asking everyone if they were a citizen again, I got stopped and just nodded and got waved ahead.

I wonder if they can only do it on federal highways?

Insurgent

Quote from: aries on April 27, 2007, 10:06 PM NHFT
I wasnt going to make a thread about it but I'll mention the feds were set up at exit 30 asking everyone if they were a citizen again, I got stopped and just nodded and got waved ahead.

I wonder if they can only do it on federal highways?

Which day was that? I saw it yesterday, and wondered if it was a permanent thing or what?