• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sobriety check set for this weekend.

Started by Dreepa, April 27, 2007, 01:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

aries

Quote from: Insurgent on April 27, 2007, 10:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on April 27, 2007, 10:06 PM NHFT
I wasnt going to make a thread about it but I'll mention the feds were set up at exit 30 asking everyone if they were a citizen again, I got stopped and just nodded and got waved ahead.

I wonder if they can only do it on federal highways?

Which day was that? I saw it yesterday, and wondered if it was a permanent thing or what?
Thursday, so yesterday for your post.

It's only set up for one whole day, every few months.

aworldnervelink

Quote from: DadaOrwell on April 27, 2007, 09:43 PM NHFT
Officers will stop drivers to see if they are under the influence. The police didn't specify the time or location of the checkpoint. Pembroke Police Chief Scott Lane said it would likely be on either Route 28 or 4. The Merrimack County Sheriff's Office and the police from Epsom, Pembroke and Allenstown had received a federal grant to pay for the checkpoint.

If anyone is coming to the party at my house tonight they should be extra-careful about this. The last time they did this the checkpoint was on 28 about 1/2 mile south of my house.

error

There's a party at your house tonight?!

Dave Ridley

Maybe we should look at this as an opportunity rather than only a problem.

Since a lot of you will be in that area for the party, it shouldn't be that hard for one of you to find the checkpoint and report its location to the others in the area.  Then any one of you could then go out and do what I do:  Approach the cops with a sign and a flyer.

I won't be out there this weekend but hope to make some complaint calls next week.

error

You can call its location in to 413-0411 and I'll make sure everyone finds out about it. ;D

Dave Ridley

Places to call and gripe :

Sheriff Scott Hilliard
                               shilliard@merrimacksheriff.net
                               Merrimack County Sheriff's Office
                       Merrimack County Courthouse
                               163 North Main Street
                 Concord, New Hampshire 03301-5001
                 (603)225-5583      FAX (603)225-5630

Citizens Wanted
Volunteers are needed for the Highway Dept. Facilities Committee. Interested parties please contact the Epsom Selectmen's Office 736-9002 or send letter of interest to PO Box 10 Epsom, NH 03234.

EPSOM PD
Business: 736-9624
Fax: 736-8421
980 Suncook Valley Highway
Epsom, NH 03234

Pembroke Police Department
Pembroke Safety Center
247 Pembroke St.
Pembroke, NH 03275
Business: (603) 485-9173
Fax: (603) 485-4028

Allenstown Police Chief    Shaun Mulholland    chiefmulholland@comcast.net    Allenstown PD
alenstown Police Department

40 Allenstown Rd.

Allenstown, NH 03275

Phone # (603)485-9500

Fax # (603) 485-9589

General Email: apdadminassist@comcast.net

KBCraig

"Federal" highways are just a different naming scheme. The feds don't own them (with rare exceptions, like the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is a national park). A truck patching a hole on I-93 is going to read "NHDOT" on the side, not "U.S. DOT".

They "can do it" because they're providing the money, and the state and local agencies will salute smartly and do whatever is required to get the money.

Kevin

John

Quote from: KBCraig on April 28, 2007, 11:38 PM NHFT

. . . A truck patching a hole on I-93 is going to read "NHDOT" on the side, not "U.S. DOT".

. . . and the state and local agencies will salute smartly and do whatever is required to get the money.

Kevin

The POLITICIANS are guilty.
We need to stop funding Washington!

John

AND - we need to have the brains to stop taking evil bribes from EVIL (anti-Liberty) central control.

U.S. out of ____________ (fill in the blank.)

I say, U.S. out of N.H.

John

Where are the so called "limited government" Republicans?
Where are the so called "individual rights" Democrats?

It seems to me that both major parties have SOULED out.
They have sold their souls.

supperman15

i didnt know politicans had souls to sell... well leave it to a buddhist to be confused by this idea of souls...

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on April 28, 2007, 11:38 PM NHFT
They "can do it" because they're providing the money, and the state and local agencies will salute smartly and do whatever is required to get the money.

Don't you guys know that Federal money is free?
I hear it all the time like Fed money is mana from Heaven.

I just tell them it still comes from taxpayer's pockets... just a different pocket.

John

Quote from: Dreepa on April 29, 2007, 01:58 PM NHFTI just tell them it still comes from taxpayer's pockets... just a different pocket.

No.  It's the same pockets.  Yours and mine.

John

Quote from: supperman15 on April 29, 2007, 01:56 PM NHFT
i didnt know politicans had souls to sell... well leave it to a buddhist to be confused by this idea of souls...

While I'll admit to being a bit confused . . . I had no idea that just reading "The Teachings Of Buddha" [bukkyo dendo kyokai] made me a Buddhist.   ;D
(Kidding obviously.  You had no idea what I'm currently reading.)

Spencer

Quote from: Quantrill on April 27, 2007, 04:35 PM NHFT
I think I should drive up that way and slur my speech and do my best to appear inebriated.  That way they'll spend time giving me the sobriety test, hassling me, search me and my car, etc...   and let everyone else through.

Reminds me of the old "designated decoy" joke.