• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Sobriety check set for this weekend.

Started by Dreepa, April 27, 2007, 01:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

supperman15

Quote from: John on April 29, 2007, 02:21 PM NHFT
Quote from: supperman15 on April 29, 2007, 01:56 PM NHFT
i didnt know politicans had souls to sell... well leave it to a buddhist to be confused by this idea of souls...

While I'll admit to being a bit confused . . . I had no idea that just reading "The Teachings Of Buddha" [bukkyo dendo kyokai] made me a Buddhist.   ;D
(Kidding obviously.  You had no idea what I'm currently reading.)

actualy we have introduced a new magic wand pollicy  ;D

aries

Quote from: Insurgent on April 27, 2007, 10:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on April 27, 2007, 10:06 PM NHFT
I wasnt going to make a thread about it but I'll mention the feds were set up at exit 30 asking everyone if they were a citizen again, I got stopped and just nodded and got waved ahead.

I wonder if they can only do it on federal highways?

Which day was that? I saw it yesterday, and wondered if it was a permanent thing or what?

I should mention - this ended up staying up from Thurs-Sun

I got stopped by it 4 times

Quantrill

Insurgent

Quote from: aries on May 04, 2007, 04:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Insurgent on April 27, 2007, 10:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: aries on April 27, 2007, 10:06 PM NHFT
I wasnt going to make a thread about it but I'll mention the feds were set up at exit 30 asking everyone if they were a citizen again, I got stopped and just nodded and got waved ahead.

I wonder if they can only do it on federal highways?

Which day was that? I saw it yesterday, and wondered if it was a permanent thing or what?

I should mention - this ended up staying up from Thurs-Sun

I got stopped by it 4 times

How did the stops end up going down?

Dave Ridley

Called most of the police departments above and left messages or talked with someone.

Talked live with Chief Blain ...I think it is the second time we have gone back and forth on this.

He says the checkpoints aren't random and they have to go thru a lot of hoops.  I said they seem random to the drivers.

d_goddard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 10, 2007, 06:59 PM NHFT
He says the checkpoints aren't random and they have to go thru a lot of hoops.  I said they seem random to the drivers.
Thanks Dave! Food for thought for Mr. Blain....

error

Well, yes, but most of the hoops are related to getting the federal government to pay for them.

Quantrill

Whether or not they are "random" shouldn't even matter.  This guy should be against using gestapo tactics on American citizens.  Has he no shame?

If you have to actively seek out people to arrest, then something is horribly wrong...

David

victimless crimes by nature, don't have victims.  So there is no one to report the 'crime'. 

Bald Eagle

I'm not sure how some of the new breathalyzers work - some are obviously electronic in nature and are built into the flashlights that they shine into your face.

There's an issue of sensor sensitivity and signal-to-noise ratio.  If you can mess up the sensor - likely all of their data will be wrong or inadmissible.  If you can raise the baseline signal high enough, and saturate the sensor, then they really won't be able to detect anything.

What if someone were to ride by, get stopped, and release a ziplock bag full of ethanol and acetaldehyde, maybe with a little bit of mercaptoethanol mixed in just for fun.  The vapors released when the bag got run over or stepped on after you drove off might mess up the sensors, and the mercaptoethanol might semi-permanently deactivate the sensor surface as well as adding that putrid gas leak/skunk smell for the Nazi checkpoint workers to endure.

:icon_pirat:

AntonLee

Quote from: FTL_Ian on April 27, 2007, 09:25 PM NHFT
Quote from: d_goddard on April 27, 2007, 05:14 PM NHFT
When stopped by a cop, the first words would be "is it OK if I record this conversation?"

My first words would be, "For our mutual protection I am notifying you that this conversation is being recorded."

If a cop doesn't like that, he can go away.

I have an old panasonic head unit (radio) in my car and it actually has a voicerecord feature, one button press and it records whatever is said in the cab, and it works pretty well.  I thought about using it during a traffic stop but a friend informed me that even if I tell the cop I'm recording this he can say he won't speak while being recorded. 

Any truth to that?  I would figure that I'm not giving the cop permission to record me either, as normally happens when you get pulled over and realize that some cars (most I'd think) have the video recording feature that makes it's way to Paul Stojanovich's office at one point or another.

sobriety checkpoints are crap.  I've got an AA chip hanging from my mirror so I rarely worry about being called intoxicated.

KBCraig

Quote from: AntonLee on June 25, 2007, 04:39 PM NHFT
I have an old panasonic head unit (radio) in my car and it actually has a voicerecord feature, one button press and it records whatever is said in the cab, and it works pretty well.  I thought about using it during a traffic stop but a friend informed me that even if I tell the cop I'm recording this he can say he won't speak while being recorded.

You can't record someone's voice without their consent (in NH). But... if you inform them that they are being recorded, then if they continue to speak, they are effectively consenting to the recording.

Not saying you won't get arrested, roughed up, and have your property destroyed, but I think you'd be clear of the felony wiretapping charge.

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on June 26, 2007, 11:16 AM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on June 25, 2007, 04:39 PM NHFT

You can't record someone's voice without their consent (in NH). But... if you inform them that they are being recorded, then if they continue to speak, they are effectively consenting to the recording.

Not saying you won't get arrested, roughed up, and have your property destroyed, but I think you'd be clear of the felony wiretapping charge.

Are TV stations exempt?