• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

ME: Law would require college applications

Started by Dreepa, April 29, 2007, 10:59 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

supperman15

wow, i thought laws were inteded to prevent harm, this is quite useless.  So this one girl wasnt going to go to colledge then she got in and is "enjoying it" or so she is telling a member of the media.  I doubt she is really getting anything out of it.  I have a friend who is 27 and has decided to go to colledge, now that i respect.  those students do much better anyway.  But can you imagine, "Girl Goes To Jail For Failing to Fill Out College Application"  This is completly idiotic, and now the people have to pay for this.   >:D

CNHT

Quote from: Dreepa on April 29, 2007, 10:59 AM NHFT
http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070429/REPOSITORY/704290378

What do you expect from Marxists? Their whole premise is that they will direct your life from cradle to grave, government should be your God and that you owe them everything and they will give back what you need.

NH is heading for this soon if we don't vote out these Demonrats.

KBCraig

Coming next: compulsory K-16, mandatory attendance until age 22.

supperman15

manditory attendence is perhaps one of the stupidest things ever.   first of all if im taking a class im paying for it, if i want to show up thats my choice, you know sometimes (and the best teachers realize it) its a nice day and you want to go kick back in a park and drink a beer (of course thats illegal but whatever) Second, im only hurting my grade and if i can do the work outside of class and gain the information then im succesfully meating the criteria and spirit of the education im paying for.  I think the movements in most schools to require attendence is a job security ploy by the teachers unions.

oh look... im rambling again.

David

41mag

Quote from: supperman15 on April 29, 2007, 02:00 PM NHFT
manditory attendence is perhaps one of the stupidest things ever.
And
QuoteI think the movements in most schools to require attendence is a job security ploy by the teachers unions.
I believe this is actually a government regulation.  For students that are receiving federal "aid" for school, those students can only miss so many days/hours.  The schools just find it easier to apply this to all students no matter if they are on welfare or not.

aries