• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ideas for stopping the war?

Started by Caleb, May 03, 2007, 11:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Caleb

Quote from: Lasse on May 14, 2007, 05:01 PM NHFT
Yes, I think attacking the politicians who (ab)use the military for their own personal interest is a much wiser tactic, seeing as a direct attack on the military institution will alienate soldiers, veterans and 'patriots' to whom the military is a white elephant. Calling officers 'military monkeys', as seen in this thread, is definitely counterproductive.

I assure you that safeguarding the military's position as "the white elephant" is just about the farthest thing from my mind.  It's not even an issue for me.

Caleb

Caleb

Kat Kanning

supperman15

corn surup, red food dye, peanut butter, and chocholate surup.  could make a pint for every person that has died... wich would be really expensive.  but a fairly good bloodbath wouldnt take that much

Kat Kanning

I've got a child sized coffin that could be used to symbolize the children killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Libertarian Hippie

Quote from: Caleb on May 03, 2007, 11:11 PM NHFT
I was thinking that this war in Iraq has been going on a long time now, and it has exhausted me.  I am ready for it to end, but the congress people don't seem to have their act together enough to stop it.

Is it time to start planning a little civil disobedience to "kick it up a notch" (as Emeril would say)?

What ideas could we implement here in Keene to show our opposition to the Iraq War?  I'm thinking beyond protests (which we've been doing for years and haven't yet stopped the war), to actual civil disobedience.

Caleb

Get Dr. Paul elected

PinoX7

Quote from: Libertarian Hippie on May 21, 2007, 04:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: Caleb on May 03, 2007, 11:11 PM NHFT
I was thinking that this war in Iraq has been going on a long time now, and it has exhausted me.  I am ready for it to end, but the congress people don't seem to have their act together enough to stop it.

Is it time to start planning a little civil disobedience to "kick it up a notch" (as Emeril would say)?

What ideas could we implement here in Keene to show our opposition to the Iraq War?  I'm thinking beyond protests (which we've been doing for years and haven't yet stopped the war), to actual civil disobedience.

Caleb

Get Dr. Paul elected

Good gesture, but were talking about sort of getting the attention of media, maybe ways we can demonstrate In Keene ways to infuence america that they can make a difference. Exe. not paying taxes, or not supporting federal regulations.

Ive heard stories about hippies and how they got alot of attention (they had some original ideas).
The had Mock Battles, where Veterans would invade america, from the canadian border, and demonstrate how they were ordered to kill civilians. It got some attention in its time.

Moorlock

http://sniggle.net/guerilla.php

Culture jamming tactics can be put to use to further a political or activist agenda.

(Follow the link for dozens of examples)

PinoX7

Quote from: Moorlock on May 21, 2007, 06:09 PM NHFT

Culture jamming tactics can be put to use to further a political or activist agenda.

A group of "flash mob" practitioners there designed a "smile mob" — they were all to "come to central square and wander around smiling." That's it. Or was, until 100 riot cops showed up and arrested them.

A silver to the Barbie Liberation Organization for switching the voice-generating units in talking Barbie dolls with the ones in talking G.I. Joe dolls and returning the dolls post-surgically to the toy store. The two dolls then made strides against the tyranny of gender roles, Barbie yelling "Vengeance is mine" while Joe offered: "Let's go shopping!"

Two of my Favorites, Thanks for the site!

Libertarian Hippie

We could re-enact guatanamo... without the naked pyramids, preferably

PinoX7

well since im a marine, i got about 5 uniforms, and all the gear and crap

Kat Kanning

Interesting site, thanks.

powerchuter

Quote from: PinoX7 on May 21, 2007, 08:35 PM NHFT
well since im a marine, i got about 5 uniforms, and all the gear and crap

Semper Fidelis Teufelhunden!

Tom Sawyer

Good link, thanks. Interesting tactics that are sure to get attention.  :)

Posted the link over on the thread
REVOLUTION, Ya Say Ya Want A

forsytjr

Given the democrats caving in, is it time to do a protest in front of Shea Porter's office?