• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Wanted: Several Porcupines in need of a room in a home in/close to Manchester

Started by powerchuter, May 06, 2007, 10:04 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

powerchuter

I want to find some Porcupines that are interested in renting a decent house with plenty of rooms/bathrooms/space.  I'd be interested in finding the biggest we could get so we could host some events.

If anyone knows of someone wishing to rent their home to Porcupines please let me know.

Must have at least 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, 2 car garage(attached), and a dry basement.  Prefer a relatively flat, uncluttered yard to host outside events.

PowerPenguin

You're picky, powerchuter! ;) Be sure to insist on getting a contract where you pay the landlord directly for utilities, etc. Many people will want you to pay the bills directly yourself, at least by default. This is bad from a privacy perspective, because you'd then be on that many more records with the local government and/or Large Company X that may sell or give away your info to dubious third parties. What I've gathered from experienced privacy minded renters is that if you ask, most landlords will be fine with you paying them, especially if you put down a couple months' rent in advance to show that you are trustworthy.

Other than that, good luck! If I had a big place, I would rent to you, but I don't and will be in your position sometime next year when I move to NH myself. Will you be at PorcFest this year? If so, you might be able to find some good leads there.

Quantrill

I'd rather have a place by myself, but if the price is ok, and there won't be 7 people living in the house then I may consider it...
:)

powerchuter

I've been in NH for a year now powerpenguin...and I'll be at porcfest...

And yes I am picky...

And I would expect each person's share of the rent and utilities to be no less than $500 per month...paid in cash...no exceptions...

And each roommate will be responsible for maintaining at least one defensive firearm...no exceptions...

Oh, and no pets in the common areas and an extra charge may apply for pet "messes" to the private areas of the house...

PowerPenguin

Damn you are one tough cookie! I would be ok with all that sans pets. I love pets, and train them well.

powerchuter

I like pets too...
I care about them so much that I hate to see other people have pets that they don't take care of properly...

Some cats need lots of owner attention...some don't...

But I believe that a dog should receive at least 1 to 2 hours of owner attention and interaction per day...and I don't really consider walking to be "real" attention or interaction...

I just don't think alot of dogs get that...

b1ueemu

I am interested in building a Porcupine Manor in the Manchester-Nashua area.

$400-700 per person is what I'm seeing for a range including heat, electricity, and internet.

It's very important to me to have decent roommates, too. We should keep our eyes open both for places, and two to four people or couples we would enjoy living with. As I said before, these manors should provide an environment conducive of activism. While I generally prefer to live alone, I'm willing to give this a shot, and for that reason.

Looking forward to meeting you all at PorcFest this year, post any nice places you find here!

James

ps. Here's a place that sounds nice, but a bit expensive (~$700 per person):

http://nh.craigslist.org/apa/322838807.html