• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

WANTED: Outlaw Barber

Started by error, May 06, 2007, 05:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwin Sheldon

QuoteWhat if a woman wanted to buy a men's cut? Is it discriminatory to refuse the sale on the basis of gender?
What about people with pseudohermaphroditism?  (I love House!)

cathleeninnh

error

All right, how about it? I still need a haircut. For extra bonus bureaucratic confusion, I can even pay in silver.

Bald Eagle

Once again, you need to organize and spell out the POINT of doing this to the point of crystal clarity so that the knuckle-dragging government-school "graduates" and the press can grasp it.

1.  Set up several otherwise identical situations where the same act will be performed.  You want to show that it is not the ACT that is illegal, it is the absence of permission from the government.

2.  Focus in on and highlight the aspects that cause the government to not give permission.

a. Have a licensed person give a perfectly legal, perfectly acceptable haircut.

b. Have another licensed person give a perfectly legal, but thoroughly unacceptable haircut.  Focus on aspects of the haircut that licensure is supposed to protect we, the helpless consumer from being the victim of.  Poor quality, poor cleanliness, rusty dull scissors, whatever. 

c. Have an unlicensed person ("student") give a haircut under the supervision of a licensed person.
          Do three haircuts like this, one free, one paid with FRN's, one paid with silver libertys.

d. Have an unlicensed person give a haircut.
          Do three haircuts like this, one free, one paid with FRN's, one paid with silver libertys.

e.  Have someone give themselves a haircut.

f. Have a parent give their child a haircut

g. Have an unlicensed person give someone disabled and unable to give themselves a haircut a free haircut, and have the disabled person claim discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities act.

h. Do variations of the above with Nair instead of scissors or electric clippers.

i. Do variations of the above with a Flowbee.

j. Give a mannequin a haircut.

P.S.  I noticed that they differentiate "natural person" and "any other person,"  what's the difference?
Quote313-A:9 Licensure Required. – I. It shall be a class A misdemeanor for any natural person, and a felony for any other person,

Bald Eagle

Better yet, make sure that the "crime" is so ridiculous and victimless, that ANYONE will question the charges and the statute.

Quote313-A:9 Licensure Required. –
    I. It shall be a class A misdemeanor for any natural person, and a felony for any other person, to ...
       (d) Engage in the instructing of any activity licensed by this chapter without holding an appropriate license issued under this chapter.

Have two people discuss haircuts and demonstrate to each other (instruct) how to cut hair on a mannequin.  It's "for informational purposes only," it's a conversation between two people, and there is a freedom of speech issue.  There is no "intent" to go out and start cutting people's hair. 

Better yet, write a book or brief pamphlet about cutting hair and give it to a few people.  Does that count as "engaging in instruction?"

Make the reason that what you're doing is classified as a "crime" as close to "because" as possible.

KBCraig

Quote from: Bald Eagle on August 18, 2007, 09:38 PM NHFT

Give a person a haircut, with the "hair" being a wig.

QuoteP.S.  I noticed that they differentiate "natural person" and "any other person,"  what's the difference?
Quote313-A:9 Licensure Required. – I. It shall be a class A misdemeanor for any natural person, and a felony for any other person,

A natural person is a person. "Any other person" is a government-created entity like a corporation or business.

error

Just get a bunch of women there. It's certain that every last one of them has had a bad haircut from a licensed "barber." :)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Beavis on August 17, 2007, 11:20 PM NHFT
All right, how about it? I still need a haircut. For extra bonus bureaucratic confusion, I can even pay in silver.

3 months later.  I'll bet you do!

lildog

Once again, you need to organize and spell out the POINT of doing this to the point of crystal clarity so that the knuckle-dragging government-school "graduates" and the press can grasp it.

1.  Set up several otherwise identical situations where the same act will be performed.  You want to show that it is not the ACT that is illegal, it is the absence of permission from the government.

2.  Focus in on and highlight the aspects that cause the government to not give permission.

b. Have another licensed person give a perfectly legal, but thoroughly unacceptable haircut.  Focus on aspects of the haircut that licensure is supposed to protect we, the helpless consumer from being the victim of.  Poor quality, poor cleanliness, rusty dull scissors, whatever. 

c. Have an unlicensed person ("student") give a haircut under the supervision of a licensed person.

g. Have an unlicensed person give someone disabled and unable to give themselves a haircut a free haircut, and have the disabled person claim discrimination under the Americans with Disabilities act.

h. Do variations of the above with Nair instead of scissors or electric clippers.

P.S.  I noticed that they differentiate "natural person" and "any other person,"  what's the difference?

Some of the student suggestions you list above are already done in the little strip mall in Bedford on a daily basis.

They have a beauty school there so they have unlicensed students cutting hair every day for money.

MatthewDP

Quote from: lildog on August 22, 2007, 10:21 AM NHFT

Some of the student suggestions you list above are already done in the little strip mall in Bedford on a daily basis.

They have a beauty school there so they have unlicensed students cutting hair every day for money.

UNLICENSED BARBERS CUTTING HAIR?!?!? That's scary....I won't stand for it....someone could....get a bad hair cut....or loose some hairs they don't want to! I hope the government steps in and protects people who don't know how to pick out a good barber themselves! Thank God for Bureaucrats.....

</oh wait>

lildog

Quote from: MatthewDP on August 22, 2007, 09:21 PM NHFTUNLICENSED BARBERS CUTTING HAIR?!?!? That's scary....I won't stand for it....someone could....get a bad hair cut....or loose some hairs they don't want to! I hope the government steps in and protects people who don't know how to pick out a good barber themselves! Thank God for Bureaucrats.....

They are student beauticians... there's no such thing as a bad haircut from a student beautician  :love4:

Granted I've come out of there with bald spots, hair longer on one side then the other etc.... but I wouldn't call anything those lovely ladies do bad!  :love4:  (Although I'd like to picture them doing something bad  ;)  )

dalebert

Quote from: lildog on August 23, 2007, 07:40 AM NHFT
They are student beauticians... there's no such thing as a bad haircut from a student beautician  :love4:

You sound like the guy in Say It Isn't So.

[youtube=425,350]1bgolgGvgwY[/youtube]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1bgolgGvgwY

Last night I was in Border's for a Ron Paul Meetup meeting and saw a book called "Cutting Hair for Idiots". I almost bought it thinking about this thread.

MatthewDP

Haha yeah... I go to the cosmetology school salon a lot (cheap haircuts, cute girls)...and my hair's pretty hard to screw up...so.yay.

Nicholas Gilman

QuoteRe: WANTED: Outlaw Barber

Be careful if you receive a civil disobedience cut from
an outlaw barber.  It could get hairy.  ;D

dalebert