• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Another fascist-owned restaurant to avoid

Started by frisco, March 18, 2007, 08:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

EJinCT

From that article:

Quote from: Edmund Contoskia basic principle of toxicology is ?The dose determines the poison.? Anything is toxic or carcinogenic if the dose is large enough. Enough distilled water will kill you if you drink several gallons at one time. (It upsets the electrolyte balance in the brain). Conversely, if the dose is small enough, otherwise dangerous chemicals are harmless?and often beneficial. So the crude and essentially dishonest attempt to scare people about the very small doses of chemicals in secondhand smoke?which science has shown to be harmless?is so ludicrous that I erupted in laughter.

It would seem to me that it is very dependant upon what environment that second-hand smoke
is encountered in, and of the general health of the person ingesting said smoke, whether second hand smoke can be dangerous.

space

Quote from: Morey on March 21, 2007, 08:27 AM NHFT
He supports it.  I got the same reply as the one above.

I find it very disheartening that we live in a country where we even speculate on eliminating choice in the marketplace.  :'(

yes yes

karma +1

cxxguy

Since people who prefer to dine in, or work for, an establishment that
does not permit smoking are free to do so, it is obvious what the real
purposes of a smoking ban are:

1)  To deny smokers their right to free association by denying them
        any public place in which they can "hang out" and enjoy
        themselves.

2)  To force other business owners to do business as YOU prefer,
        thus protecting you from bearing the consequences of a choice
        you freely made (loss of some revenue due to people preferring
        to smoke).

That is the real story.  It is dispicable.  I lived under similar
tyranny in Florida for a year, until I could no longer tolerate having
no place to go, and moved back to Michigan.  It was miserable.  May you
never have a similar experience.

For what it's worth, despite your disrespect for my right to make my own
choices, if the circumstances were reversed, and the majority of people
were smokers again, I would also oppose any attempt to pass a law
requiring that all bars and restaurants PERMIT smoking.  The price of
tolerence is tolerence.

Regards,
Rich

P.S.  Smoking is Safer then Fascism.

burnthebeautiful

When did you move to Dover, Morey? You liking it out there?

Quote from: lildog on March 21, 2007, 09:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: Morey on March 21, 2007, 08:27 AM NHFT
He supports it.  I got the same reply as the one above.

I find it very disheartening that we live in a country where we even speculate on eliminating choice in the marketplace.  :'(

I missed that response.

That is sad.  Heck if he were a smart business man he could have used it to his advantage.  I can see an ad showing two burgers, one nice and fresh the other sitting in an ashtray.  Under the picture it reads "Which would you want to eat at?"  Play up the fact that you have a healthy eating environment while the other guys support dirty filthy smoking.

But instead we see people continually looking to "balance the playing field" by forcing others to follow the rules they want to play by.  Sad!

I like to smoke a cigarette with a burger. I often smoke a cigarette with a cheeseburger at a fast-food place when I'm in Copenhagen. That'll all be over when Denmarks smoking ban starts in August, though :(