• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hire Dada to spread your political message around the Net

Started by Dave Ridley, May 11, 2007, 10:43 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

As you may be aware, I have a list of over twenty web forums, most which I am registered for, most of which I have fount to be effective media for spreading our message.  For the last three years I've been using that list, or some variation thereof, to get the word out.  Thus far it's been a labor of love, no monetary profit involved.  You can see my list and my work at

http://newhampshireunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=2613.0

But if *you* have a message you would like to spread around the Net, presumably one that broadcasts our successes or activities in New Hampshire, feel free to give me a shout.   I can either write the message up for you like a news release, or simply spread something you've written. 

For example, if you wanted the nation's five best pro-liberty forums, and New Hampshire's five best political forums, to know about the defeat of anti-gun Senate Bill 44, you could contact me, request a write-up, watch me pen the thing and see me spread the news.   I would send a slightly customized version of the release, customized to each web forum.   Or you could have me post to the entire list.

I would charge you $10 an hour and of course would likely accept many kinds of alternate payment!    To get started, or test me out, you could always request two hours of labor and see what I can do with that.

Give it a try sometime if you like...Internet marketing of this type is a big part of what made Free Staters one the most effective libertarian groups in the world; perhaps it can serve your specific message as well.

d_goddard

A few thoughts:

* You might want to offer this service to the FSP Board directly. Their emails are easily obtainable.

* Including specific items you could promote is a great idea: defeat of SB44 is a great example, due to the video. Another example would be the Liberty Forum (as soon as the Stossel interview is available, which should be in 1-2 weeks)

* "$10/hr" isn't as useful as quoting a price for a typical message. For example, what would the total cost be to get the SB44 message out on the Web?

* You might want to include in the quote an optional extra fee for follow-up responses, answering simple questions and directing promising prospects to FSP directly.

Dave Ridley

"* "$10/hr" isn't as useful as quoting a price for a typical message. For example, what would the total cost be to get the SB44 message out on the Web?"

Hmm...I could probably quote a "by the post" price if that were needed.   I could also quote a "by the release" price for writing a release that would include X number of revisions.

I don't think this is as simple and fair for all concerned, but I could do it. 

Dreepa

hmmm.... I think I can see a use for this later this year. >:D

d_goddard

I think I can see a use for it right now with the SB44 victory.
I think I can see another use for it with the Stossel video.
And another after PorcFest, esp. once enough YouTube and blog posts have accumulated.
And another one if Lynch signs HB685 telling the Feds to go f--k themselves with their damn Real-ID.

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley

Nice, Denis...cool to see all the interest. 

I will probably take you up on your suggestion of informing the FSP, but I suspect the NHLA or individuals would be more capable of taking action.   Based on our previous experience with Free Talk Live funding and what not, usually it is the individual that steps forward rather than an institution.

Dan

Dave Ridley

good gosh that hierarchy looks like the pentegon chain of command or something!

error

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 23, 2007, 01:09 PM NHFT
good gosh that hierarchy looks like the pentegon chain of command or something!

Not quite. Try this instead: (seriously shrunken down)

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley

that pentegon version looks like a frigging alien life form!

but still even the fsp chart is just silly.  what kind of time did they waste creating an organizational structure for an organization where no one has any real authority?

error

(Hee. Actually that is a picture of what Windows has to do internally in order to serve a single web page. But it looks cool. And the organization chart for the Pentagon isn't much different.)

Dan

Pentagon Org. Chart:
Cheney
      /\
Everyone Else

CNHT

When spreading the Ron Paul message be careful to simply post information in an informal way as in chat format and not to make it look like spamming, as in "How do we get more people over to DIGG for Ron Paul" especially before you are sure there is any sympathy for your cause there. Otherwise you are likely to get banned.

That was not too well received at some board where I saw it was posted...since they already think that is how supporters got those numbers, by spamming.

Methinks Dada is not only earnest but sometimes too honest.  ;)