• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

can someone teach me how to hunt?

Started by supperman15, May 14, 2007, 08:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

supperman15

Ill be moving up in late Aughust, early september and hav always wanted to go hunting, unfortunatly my family was never much into that.  I would really be interested in bow hunting and am looking for someone to teach me/ hunt with.  thanks

KBCraig

Step 1: Be vewwwy vewwwy quiet!

;D

Good luck with it. I'll be taking up hunting again after I move, after a very long dry spell.

PinoX7

step 1, is smell, Deer have a sent so incredible human smell leaves like a neo trail to them. So stop wearing colonge, and use sentless detergent, you can also leave your hunting clothing outside in trash bags somewhere in the woods.

You always want to be downwind, if the wind is hitting you in the back, you will never see a deer infront of you, they will only come from the upwind.

You want to shoot them in the lungs, not the guts, you shoot them in the guts they most likely will get away for a few hours, but always stay where your at for about an hour because they usually just circle around and die around where they were shot.

Theres lots of other factors in hunting, like using a female call, will only work in the 'rut' when the deer are in heat, cause thats the only time of the year they are looking for females, and they only time they are very aggressive torwards other males.

Lloyd Danforth

There is also hunting that doesn't involve deer, like pheasant and duck and rabbits.

PinoX7

im just telling what i know, I never acctually hunted deer, but I am interested and ask alot of the people around here for tips, those are the ones they gave me

Pat McCotter

You must take a hunter safety course before getting your hunting license.

There are separate hunter, bowhunter and trapper courses. The instructors are volunteers and no money is required to change hands but $5 or $10 is usually donated.

http://wildlife.state.nh.us/Hunting/hunter_ed.htm

Quantrill

Not sure about bow hunting, but the easiest way to bag a deer for me has always been to drive around until you literally run into a deer...
I've hit 2 deer with my car and only shot 1.    :-X

Then of course there are people who drive down dirt roads until the see a deer.  Why do you think the passenger seat is always called "shotgun"?
:icon_biggrin:

PinoX7

well thats illegal now, but my friend told me an easy way was to drive into a feild at night when its dark, then turn your headlights on, all the deer freeze, and you just blow them away with like ak's and saiga shotguns and stuff.

Hey it puts food on the table dont it? >:D

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Quantrill on May 15, 2007, 07:33 PM NHFT
Not sure about bow hunting, but the easiest way to bag a deer for me has always been to drive around until you literally run into a deer...
I've hit 2 deer with my car and only shot 1.    :-X

Then of course there are people who drive down dirt roads until the see a deer.  Why do you think the passenger seat is always called "shotgun"?
:icon_biggrin:

Stagecoach guards sat on that side with a shotgun.

Dan

Actually, put me on the list to learn how to hunt.

Venison is soooooo tasty.

supperman15

sweet, thanks Ill start getting some wood smelling cloths.  Could we start a hunting group for those who move in to meet up with hunters for lessons/refresser courses?

Dan

Only if I don't have to wear antlers and smell like Deer piss.

Quantrill

QuoteStagecoach guards sat on that side with a shotgun.
Dammit, I try to make a joke...
:)

Dreepa

Quote from: Quantrill on May 16, 2007, 05:20 PM NHFT
QuoteStagecoach guards sat on that side with a shotgun.
Dammit, I try to make a joke...
:)
Only the Master Kidder is allowed to make jokes. ;)

error

And what government agency is going to stop me?