• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hopefully more freedom lovers coming

Started by PinoX7, May 14, 2007, 09:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PinoX7

As you may or may not know, I already live in Jaffrey, and im currently in the marine corp in NC. I recently adopted the Libertarian policy. Ive been showing this movie http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8929200413837159350&q=sovereign+solutions to some guys who know theres a problem in america, but dont know the solution.
I sort of coach them along through the video, answering most of their questions.
Surprizingly alot of them are very interested in the idea, and are actually planning a visit.

Only issue is alot of them are former 'skinheads' 'punks' or 'anarchists' but they are clearly freedom lovers and usually pretty extream.
Just wondering if its a good idea to sort of recruit these types of people.
Its really hard to get the 'good christian boys' or the 'lifetime marines' so i recognize them by their tattoos, or lack their of.
I think their impatience for change will really accelerate the process

David

Please steer the racists away.  Skinheads.  I realize racist thoughts are not harmful to others, but any that may advocate and form of racism, particularly gov't enforced segregation, are harmful and should be challenged and shunned as a threat to Individual liberty. 

PinoX7

Quote from: David on May 14, 2007, 09:43 PM NHFT
Please steer the racists away.  Skinheads.  I realize racist thoughts are not harmful to others, but any that may advocate and form of racism, particularly gov't enforced segregation, are harmful and should be challenged and shunned as a threat to Individual liberty. 

Well as far as i understand, the skinheads are actually more like in a faction 'at war' with boneheads. They are not particularly motovated. The skinheads i have met here, are actually more like libertarians than i have thought. In all actuality they are more motovated to be hard workers working outside the system to acheive a higher standard of living within their group. However, the ones i have spoken with dont really have and violent problems with other races, only with other factions they disagree with. Skinheads see themselves more like sepratists, and boneheads are the racists.(you can tell a bonehead by his distinctive white shoe laces, while skinheads wear black'

PinoX7

They are not particularly racially motovated**

PinoX7

got this from Wikipedia, a good resorce

Skinhead

In an attempt to counter this stereotype, some skinheads formed anti-racist organizations. Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice (SHARP) started in the United States in 1987, and Anti-Racist Action (ARA) began in 1988 as an anti-racist movement, not a political movement. SHARP spread to the UK and beyond, and other less-political skinheads also spoke out against neo-Nazis and in support of traditional skinhead culture

Bonehead

Typically racist, anti-Semitic, anti-islamic, white supremacist, anti-gay and neo-Nazi, the subculture emerged at a time when the UK was experiencing a second wave of the punk subculture. Nazi skinheads have a reputation for initiating violent confrontations with non-whites, Muslims, Jews, gays and left-wingers on the street and at political demonstrations.

Trust me, i would never try to recruit or ever talk to a bonehead, which is probibly what you are thinking about. Nobody likes them lol

KBCraig

There is also (or at least, there was) a *head faction known as "Straight..." something. Straight shooter? Straight arrow? Straight ahead? I can't remember, but they're anti-drug and anti-racist. They were just as quick to drop the suspenders as anyone else, but they mostly squared off against people who looked just like them, to an outsider's eye.

Dreepa

Quote from: KBCraig on May 15, 2007, 01:24 AM NHFT
There is also (or at least, there was) a *head faction known as "Straight..." something. Straight shooter? Straight arrow? Straight ahead?

Straight Edge?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

KBCraig

Quote from: Dreepa on May 15, 2007, 09:44 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on May 15, 2007, 01:24 AM NHFT
There is also (or at least, there was) a *head faction known as "Straight..." something. Straight shooter? Straight arrow? Straight ahead?

Straight Edge?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge

I believe that's what I was thinking of, but I thought they were skinheads instead of punk. Guess I'm getting old.

David

Cool.  The liberty movement is heating up in nh.  Unfortunately this stuff is slow as molasses. 
Don't let me discourage any recruitment.  I get worried sometimes, being associated with people that are truly not liberty friendly but pretend to be.  Sometimes I am overly cautious.   :blush:

Dave Ridley