• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Guns, and local buisiness owners

Started by PinoX7, May 14, 2007, 10:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PinoX7

When i got my concealed licence from my town(jaffrey) I asked the Lt. if i could bring my concealed weapon anywhere, he told me I couldn't bring it into a buisiness or on someones property without their concent.
My plan was to actually ask every buisiness owner in my town if they would allow a gun to be carried into their store. The ones that say no i would respectfully make the argument 'If a criminal were to rob the store, he would bring a gun regardless of your rule, so the only people you would be stopping from bringing guns into the store would be people whoes best intrest is to protect themselves and their communitty' They may still say no because it may give an image inside their store that they would think would lower their business sales. I still think it would be a good idea to get a list out there if their already i not one, so that people like me can travel around town freely with my firearm.
I would do this myself but im currently in north carolina.
It would also be a good opportunity to get to know buisineses and their thoughts, because they will most likely be in a town where people carry guns freely in the future.

Quantrill

Good idea.  Maybe ask some of the business owners if they would even put up a sign (concealed/open carry WELCOME) or something similiar...

KBCraig

Quote from: PinoX7 on May 14, 2007, 10:15 PM NHFT
When i got my concealed licence from my town(jaffrey) I asked the Lt. if i could bring my concealed weapon anywhere, he told me I couldn't bring it into a buisiness or on someones property without their concent.

He was talking out his ass.

You are under no legal obligation to secure consent before entering someone's property (including a business) while armed.

Business owners (or other private property owners) can tell you that you can't carry there, and refusing to leave would be trespass, just the same as if they told you to leave because they didn't like your aftershave.

Personally, I honor such requests by spending my money elsewhere, but there is no criminal penalty in NH for ignoring "no guns" signs, other than trespass, and only then if you refuse to leave when asked.

Kevin

PinoX7

Quote from: KBCraig on May 15, 2007, 01:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: PinoX7 on May 14, 2007, 10:15 PM NHFT

He was talking out his ass.

You are under no legal obligation to secure consent before entering someone's property (including a business) while armed.

Business owners (or other private property owners) can tell you that you can't carry there, and refusing to leave would be trespass, just the same as if they told you to leave because they didn't like your aftershave.

Personally, I honor such requests by spending my money elsewhere, but there is no criminal penalty in NH for ignoring "no guns" signs, other than trespass, and only then if you refuse to leave when asked.

Kevin

Yeah, thats what i thaught, but i always figured, but never sure, that in places like 'walmart' and mcdonalds, and big corps like that, that they would probibly ask you to leave, or they may even call the cops to arrange to meet you outside when you leave and keep an eye on you while your in the store.

Lloyd Danforth

If it's concealed how they gonna know?

PinoX7

KBCraig

Wal Mart's official national policy is to welcome concealed carry. In places where open carry is common and accepted they don't even care if you carry openly, but if there is a customer complaint they will ask you to either conceal or leave.

Lloyd Danforth

error

And I'd love to know where it is, so I might have the opportunity to not go back as well.

Raineyrocks

The gun shop owner where I got my 38 special , (is there supposed to be a period mark before the 38?), told me that if somebody complains when they see my gun they can call the cops and sometimes the cops will take the gun. :dontknow:

error

The cops would have to be on a seriously bad power trip to do something like that. Criminals wearing police uniforms have gotten shot for doing less.

Quantrill

Quote from: raineyrocks on May 16, 2007, 03:36 PM NHFT
The gun shop owner where I got my .38 special , (is there supposed to be a period mark before the 38?), told me that if somebody complains when they see my gun they can call the cops and sometimes the cops will take the gun. :dontknow:

If you take your gun out and start waving it around, then somebody could call the cops and claim they felt threatened or some crazy nonsense.  But if you are minding your own business and have a gun in its holster then you should have nothing to worry about. 

Was the gun shop owner here in NH?  Open-carry is not illegal, so no, they could not take your gun simply because some weak-willed moron complained...

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Quantrill on May 16, 2007, 05:27 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on May 16, 2007, 03:36 PM NHFT
The gun shop owner where I got my .38 special , (is there supposed to be a period mark before the 38?), told me that if somebody complains when they see my gun they can call the cops and sometimes the cops will take the gun. :dontknow:

If you take your gun out and start waving it around, then somebody could call the cops and claim they felt threatened or some crazy nonsense.  But if you are minding your own business and have a gun in its holster then you should have nothing to worry about. 

Was the gun shop owner here in NH?  Open-carry is not illegal, so no, they could not take your gun simply because some weak-willed moron complained...

That's what I thought too, that they couldn't take your gun away but he said really it's up to the cop that arrives.  It was a gun shop in NH, I forget the name, I can ask Rick when I see him.    He didn't say if you started acting crazy with the gun he said if someone felt uncomfortable seeing your gun and called the cops. :dontknow:

error

Personally, I'd suggest to the cops who showed up that such a person probably needs psychiatric help.

MaineShark

Quote from: raineyrocks on May 16, 2007, 03:36 PM NHFTThe gun shop owner where I got my 38 special , (is there supposed to be a period mark before the 38?), told me that if somebody complains when they see my gun they can call the cops and sometimes the cops will take the gun. :dontknow:

Can they do it?  Sure.  They can do lots of things.

But if any try it, call Penny Dean in Concord, and see what she can do about filing charges against them! :)

Joe