• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pledge support to Michael Badnarik and convince him to move asap!

Started by powerchuter, May 16, 2007, 09:30 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

powerchuter

Quote from: d_goddard on May 15, 2007, 07:44 PM NHFT
Quote from: powerchuter on May 15, 2007, 03:35 PM NHFT
Perhaps others would also be interested in contributing to Michael if he were to be convinced to move asap and be a spokesperson for the FSP, Ron Paul, and some other activities/groups as well?
I would personally pledge $100 cash per month to Michael if he were to do this...

If you open a PledgeBank pledge to this effect, I will sign it

I'm more interested in getting people to give a personal commitment to Michael than I am with making a huge public display about it.  I know this forum is widely read but, if and when people do this...it should be private between them and Michael...or even a third party...

Like right now you could be receiving nothing from anyone...or you could be receiving something from one or more people...it's nobody's business but your own...and the person giving or exchanging...

We must get "off the radar" with more of our activities!
We must quit asking for permission to exercise our human rights!
We must stop providing the slavemasters with the means to continue our enslavement!

Feel free to contact me for more information!

lastlady

I will be contributing on a monthly basis but prefer to speak with you directly as to what I can do. Just know you can count on me for my support and financial contribution to Michael Badnarik.  :)

Libertariangoddess

I have met Michael. Very knowledgeable in the Constitution.  He came here during his stint as the LP Presidential candidate 2 years ago (almost 3 yrs ago). I remember it well, cuz my daughter was pregnant, and I was afraid she was going to go into labor while I was at the dinner, and since cells were asked to be turned off, I was afraid I would miss Aubrei's birth! Guess I was an anxious grandma-to-be. I forgot how long labor can be. LOL.

Anways, he is very likeable and personable. He would be a great addition to NH. Now what is the reason you want him so badly, and would have people financially support him? I did not see that thread.

Atlas

Badnarik should pay his own way like everyone else. It'll show his commitment to the FSP.

d_goddard

Quote from: Rebel on May 16, 2007, 07:43 PM NHFT
Badnarik should pay his own way like everyone else.
My payment would be a deposit on Badnarik's anticipated future pro-liberty work, based on my personal trust in his ability to deliver.

Quote from: Libertariangoddess on May 16, 2007, 07:36 PM NHFT
I have met Michael. Very knowledgeable in the Constitution. ... He would be a great addition to NH. Now what is the reason you want him so badly
I think you answered your own question there :)

Seriously, Badnarik is well-known among liberty-lovers all over the nation.
If he pulled up stakes and moved here, it would be a fantastic motivator for other pro-liberty people to also make the move.
I selfishly want as many freedom-oriented activists in NH as possible.
I personally feel that we need more experienced people working "inside the system" as State Reps and, someday soon, Senators.
Michael could be an excellent mentor and role model for the dozens and dozens of people who want to use the system of government that the Founding Fathers worked so hard to create.

Quote from: lastlady on May 16, 2007, 06:40 PM NHFT
Just know you can count on me for my support and financial contribution to Michael Badnarik.  :)
Ditto!

lastlady

Quote from: Rebel on May 16, 2007, 07:43 PM NHFT
Badnarik should pay his own way like everyone else. It'll show his commitment to the FSP.

Everyone has a choice as to what or whom they wish to support. Note Michael has not started this thread one of his supporters has. I see it like this. Michael dedicates 100% of his time protecting the constitution, educating the public, and promoting Liberty. This he does to his own detriment including personal financial hardship. Just like I give to Ron Paul so he can promote Liberty and continue his amazing work, I will contribute to Michael so he can continue to do what he does. If we all gave a little it would make a big difference in his ability to continue that work and live in New Hampshire.

Michael does pay his own way, and his commitment to the FSP is as strong as anybody else. Keep in mind if it weren't for Michael I probably would have never heard of the FSP, as I was drawn to the Liberty Forum because of his attendance. How many others have heard of the FSP because of him?

d_goddard

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on May 17, 2007, 05:42 AM NHFT
Phuck screw him if he can't pay his own way....  Proves all politicians have to survive off of peoples contributions cuz they don't work for a living....
Michael does work for a living, in a real, normal job. I don't know in what capacity but the company makes consumer products. Bumper stickers, or something like that.

Anyway... as I understand it, finance is an issue because he put a lot of his OWN money up in his congress bid in 2006.
I personally feel that running for US congress under the LP ticket is an exercise in futility, which is why I did NOT send any contribution to that campaign.

In contrast, a likeable, politically savvy guy like Badnarik running for State Rep or even State Senate in NH would have a serious chance at winning, even under the LP ticket. Though of course if I had my way he'd run as a Republican, solely because it improves the chances of winning -- and having Badnarik in our State House, eloquently giving the Liberty message on every issue -- my god, that would be worth a hell of a lot of money to me. Because I have no doubt about the amount of freedom that would result.

powerchuter

Quote from: wholetthedogin? on May 17, 2007, 05:42 AM NHFT
Phuck screw him if he can't pay his own way....  Proves all politicians have to survive off of peoples contributions cuz they don't work for a living....

Michael Badnarik will never be a "politician"...
He would be a wonderful "statesman" however...
Just like Ron Paul!

AND!

Michael and Ron have done more for Liberty than you could ever even dream of!

powerchuter

Thanks Dennis and Corinna!

Your posts are wonderful!

We will get him here!

Maybe we won't let him go after Porcfest...lol.

Just joking!

No initiation of force here!

Atlas

Badnarik has some making up to do with me after his last congressional run. Money doesn't grow on trees, so it's more important that Paul and FTL gets my $$$ at this point. Sorry ;)

powerchuter

Quote from: Rebel on May 17, 2007, 07:11 PM NHFT
Badnarik has some making up to do with me after his last congressional run. Money doesn't grow on trees, so it's more important that Paul and FTL gets my $$$ at this point. Sorry ;)

Ok, let's look at what your money can do "officially"...
You can send $2,300.00 (FEC maximum for the primary cycle) to Ron Paul...

Or you can give as much as you want to individuals in the grassroots movements to promote Paul...

And...
Don't you think Michael Badnarik being here WORKING 24/7 for Liberty and promoting Ron Paul(since we DO have an influential primary election here) is "worth" your money?

Atlas

I see where you're coming from, but if we're gonna start paying activists then what about others who'd work 24/7 for liberty. If some people have that kind of bred, why not just pay people to come to NH and the FSP would be a success for sure. Hell, send some money this way and I'll be there promptly. ;D

mappchik

Quote from: Rebel on May 17, 2007, 09:04 PM NHFT
...why not just pay people to come to NH and the FSP would be a success for sure. Hell, send some money this way and I'll be there promptly. ;D

There's a huge difference in paying people to move & "hiring" a spokesperson for the group. Given Badnarik's speaking abilities, setting up a stipend is not an unreasonable thing to do.