• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Help needed with crawlspace

Started by MaineShark, May 16, 2007, 09:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

I'm pretty un-fond of working in crawlspaces, particularly alone.  I have a bit of work that needs to be done in my crawlspace (minor plumbing, cleanup, and some insulating), and I'd like a helper.  Anyone interested?

Payment can be arranged in FRN, metals, trade goods, or as a labor exchange for work that you need done.

Joe

Dan

Damn, I'd do it for metal if only I:
  A) I fit
  B) I lived in NH

KBCraig

I'm guessing Pat K won't be volunteering.  ;D

But neither will I... It's that "fit" thing Dan mentioned. I don't mind the spiders and dead cats and broken bottles, nearly as much as I mind not being able to breathe due to girder asphyxiation.

Kevin

MaineShark

Yeah, this is one that definitely requires a fairly slender person.

The job will involve:
-removing some old insulation, replacing it with new.
-running two 2" PVC pipes for the sump pump discharge.
-stapling up a few PEX water lines.

Joe

Dreepa

I actually don't mind going into crawlspaces. but my large frame prevents me.

Lloyd Danforth

I'll never forget the time I turned my head and there was a long dead raccoon snarling at me

LiveFree

I'm slender (but also 6 feet tall, that wont be an issue, will it?), I don't mind crawlspaces, I dont mind getting a lil messy.  I've got no experience, but it sounds fairly simple, and you said you need a helper.  I'd make a great helper monkey...  Ahhhhh, helper monkeys!

Yeah, how many hours are we talking about, and when?  I'm available most of this weekend so far, and every evening.  I've also got nothing to do tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday, all day.

As far as payment, I looked up your town for the squirrel thing, so I'd have to say $10 just for coming down (I'm in the Laconia area), the rest, hell, make an offer.  I'll bring the pellet gun with me if you want to take care of the squirrel.  Maybe we could flush him out while we're doing the crawlspace?

PM me if you're interested.  BTW, we met @ Kevin's party, I'm the dude who was in the German flectarn gore-tex.  Just figured I'd toss that in there.

mvpel

I saved a bunny suit from a surgical procedure precisely for crawlspace work.  Cobwebs creep me out too, and the crawl under our house in San Jose was chock full of 'em.  The crawlspace in this house isn't too bad, except for all the mouse tunnels, mouse poop, and acorn hulls in the fiberglass insulation.

Lloyd Danforth

If you're going to come in contact with mouse poop for very long, get a good mask.

mvpel

Yeah, I've actually got a respirator that I bought for some painting and staining work I did a while back.

Quantrill

Looks like you may already have a helper, but I don't mind going into crawlspaces either (part of my job  you know)

QuoteIf you're going to come in contact with mouse poop for very long, get a good mask.

OMG, yesterday I walked up to an outdoor unit that wasn't running, and opened the electrical panel... MICE, feces and godknowswhat inside.  Talk about rancid.
:horse:

Dreepa

I figured the Q man would want some work!

MaineShark

Okay, I'm going to get the materials that I need, and I'll post back here when I am ready, so we can see who's available.  I'm hoping maybe this weekend.

Joe

LiveFree

Lloyd Danforth

Good thing to own. Anything better than a disposable, although, some of them are better than others, and, I often find myself with only one of them.