• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ladies room in pub

Started by lildog, May 18, 2007, 02:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

lildog

I just read this article and thought I'd share for discussion:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070517/ap_on_fe_st/odd_bathroom_signs_1;_ylt=AhORTMaAhDOQoeZWnEgi.MIE1vAI

Here's the scoop, pub owner in FL put a little humor on his bathroom doors.

The mens room door reads as follows:

Ladies
Don't go in here because it's the mens room

And the ladies room door has a similar sign.  This has lead to people going in the wrong door and now of course Florida's Department of Business and Professional Regulation has found the need to step in and get involved.

Doesn't just the fact alone that there are government department's of "business and professional regulation" alone scream out the fact that we have far too much government?

mvpel

That's how you can tell that the series "Jericho" was filmed in California - the bathroom signs meet California statutory requirements:

Lloyd Danforth

burnthebeautiful

I thought this would be about Australian pub laws. In Australia it used to be common practice for women to either be banned from bars, only allowed in with the company of a husband, or only be allowed to be in the assigned 'ladies room'. It was also common practice for women to not be allowed to order drinks for themselves. Discrimination laws have now made this illegal, but even today, especially in the rural parts of the country, women in bars can get angry looks from stuffy old men who don't feel that women being independent and drinking alcohol on their own is 'proper' or whatever.