• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Defend Myrtle Woodward and Her Family!

Started by jcpliberty, January 06, 2005, 06:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

PRESS RELEASE
Liberty Tree Society
2 Silver Drive, #2
Nashua, NH 03060

For Immediate Release

For additional information
James C. Perry
Phone: (603)-891-1934
E-mail: jimcperry@gmail.com

The Liberty Tree Society, a group of New Hampshire citizens, announced today that they will hold an anti-zoning demonstration in front of Rockingham County Superior Court at 9:30 AM on January 25, 2005.

This demonstration is being organized to show support for Barbara Burbank and Myrtle Woodward, both of Hampton, NH, who are being sued by the Hampton, NH Building Inspector, Kevin Schultz for Zoning Violations.

This suit, filed Dec. 13 in Rockingham County Superior Court, asks a judge to order the women to demolish everything not approved by the town, prohibit further construction, and pay the town?s costs and attorney?s fees.

In a statement made by Burbank in a local newspaper, she explained why she wanted to build a separate apartment, saying "My aunt will be 96 in February, and she loves this old house. I promised not to put her in a nursing home, and my daughter lives here, too, but is allergic to my aunt?s long-haired cats, now I have to spend the money to fight them. I have no choice."

We are asking for all pro-freedom, pro-liberty residents of the State of New Hampshire and in all other New England States to come out to Rockingham County Superior Court on January 25, 2005 at 9:30 AM to show your support to Burbank and Woodward and to protest our government?s use of authority to break up families and destroy private property rights.

For more information contact Jim C. Perry of the Liberty Tree Society at 603-891-1934 or by email at jimcperry@gmail.com.

Directions to the Courthouse:

Rockingham Superior Court
Rockingham County Courthouse
10 Route 125
Brentwood, NH

From the north: Take Interstate 93 South to Route 101 East. Follow Route 101 East to Exit 7 (Epping). Take Route 125 South at Exit 7. Stay on Route 125 South for 5 miles. Watch for a sign to Rockingham County Courthouse on the right. Turn right and the court is on the left.

From the south: Take Interstate 93 North to Route 101 East. Follow 101 East to Exit 7 (Epping). Take Route 125 South at Exit 7. Stay on Route 125 South for 5 miles. Watch for a sign to Rockingham County Courthouse on the right. Turn right and the court is on the left.

From the east: Take Route 101 West to Exit 7 (Epping). Take Route 125 South at Exit 7. Stay on Route 125 South for 5 miles. Watch for a sign to Rockingham County Courthouse on the right. Turn right and the court is on the left.

From the west: Take Route 101 East through Manchester towards seacoast to Exit 7 (Epping). Take Route 125 South at Exit 7. Stay on Route 125 South for 5 miles. Watch for a sign at Rockingham County Courthouse on the right. Turn right and the court is on the left.

Dave Ridley

I think you are right on in your plans for this protest Jim...only suggestions I'd have would be make the press release a little shorter next time, and also the first thing people see when they look at the releas should be an eye-popping headline....  "Protesters to descend on XYZ Courthouse" or what not.

Also after we do the Jan 25 protest I think it might be appropriate to have a protest in front of the building inspector's home.    Normally I'm against home protests, but he invaded her home so maybe we should invade his space a bit.    Another option would be placing copies of the Herald article in his neighbors' newspaper tubes.   These are a couple ways to turn up the heat lawfully if the protest itself fails to do the trick.  Unless I'm missing something, this seems like a good issue to fight down to the last round.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 06, 2005, 07:17 PM NHFT
Another option would be placing copies of the Herald article in his neighbors' newspaper tubes.

"Your neighbor is a pinko zoning thug!"

One issue that really bothers me about this whole thing is that the police go around reporting minor zoning violations when on emergency calls.? You call the police for help, you let them in your house, and YOU go to court for some random zoning law!? UGH!!!

I'm going to write a letter to the editor and... and... and... I don't know what else.? bleh.

We need to start a Property Rights Foundation chapter or something similar in the Seacoast area to tackle these loose-cannon zoning boards around the state.

Only two weeks ago some lady came to a Newmarket meeting asking for help writing a law to turn her "historical advisory committee" into a legal commission of the town that can write zoning ordinances.? It was NOT pretty.? A few Newmarket citizens and I treated her very harshly, but I don't think the battle has even begun yet.

jcpliberty

Michael Fisher

jcpliberty

I am going to be in Hampton on Mon, Wed and Friday of next week and the week after handing out flyers in defense of these ladies.

I am coming from Nashua, an hour drive each way to give my time to this effort. I could use some local help passing out these flyers... so if you have any time available, PLEASE let me know.

JP

AlanM

I can give you a hand, JP. I live in Exeter. Next Weds. and Friday are available for me to help. I don't know about the following week yet.
AlanM

jcpliberty

Quote from: AlanM on January 06, 2005, 11:27 PM NHFT
I can give you a hand, JP. I live in Exeter. Next Weds. and Friday are available for me to help. I don't know about the following week yet.
AlanM

Great, thank you very much!

JP

Michael Fisher

Quote from: jcpliberty on January 06, 2005, 11:20 PM NHFT
I am going to be in Hampton on Mon, Wed and Friday of next week and the week after handing out flyers in defense of these ladies.

I am coming from Nashua, an hour drive each way to give my time to this effort. I could use some local help passing out these flyers... so if you have any time available, PLEASE let me know.

JP

I somehow overlooked this post!

Of course I'll help you out.  I have appointments and meetings throughout the week but I'll definitely help you out.

Get my contact info here:  http://www.ctgreatbay.com/

rothamerica

You folks ROCK!  All of this just came about in last night's chat and this thing is moving along like a bullet.  I am truly impressed by the planning and organization that made this protest possible.  I can only imagine how Myrtle Woodward will feel about this group too.  I am proud to know all of you, electronically of course. ;D

rothamerica

Jim, I got your file for the flyer and will be printing them out today.  Let's make a time that I can get these to you.  Rock on, buddy.  Thanks for your efforts to get the word out. :-*

Michael Fisher

Here's an anti-zoning LTE from a guy in Farmington (around Rochester).  We need to find his contact info and get him to join us in our protest and other efforts.

http://www4.fosters.com/January2005/01.07.05/comment/let_01_07_05.asp

Kat Kanning

jcpliberty

Kat Kanning