• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Defend Myrtle Woodward and Her Family!

Started by jcpliberty, January 06, 2005, 06:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Hell!  It is up to her to determine if it is fit for living, not some bureaucrat!

Kat Kanning

I'm sure some nursing home would be far superior to an apartment specially constructed for her, and family to care for her.   >:(

AlanM

I just received an email from Barbara Burbank. I have asked permission from her to post it here. It seems that there is NO plumbing in the floor for the sink (which was being stored in the garage, along with the stove), no electrical outsets for the stove, either. The washing machine was not hooked up either. Again, no plumbing for it. Just being stored.
A reputable real estate agent is going to testify for her, as I understand it.
Kevin Schultz is a power hungry fool.

AlanM

Here is Barbara's email to me:

Hello Alan,
Thank you for your support - we really do appreciate it.
Our immediate problem was that the building inspector lied about what he found here. So, my first hope is to get the truth out and I am collecting "evidence" of what is really here and what is not.  I have a letter from Jackson Simpson, a well respected real estate broker who has been in Hampton for many years.  In the letter he explains that he inspected the property and that we do not have a "full kitchen" because we have no working sink or stove and also do not have plumbing underneath the floor that could provide water to the area, nor do we have gas pipes or electrical to lead to the stove top area.  He also explains that his inspection found that a washing machine is simply "stored" in an area that has no plumbing available for hookup (the hoses and papers are still inside the machine).  He explains that that area of the garage would be considered storage areas only.
We have added wall partitions there, but no heat, electric, or plumbing.
The papers haven't talked about the fact that my aunt could not have her elderly family and friends here for Thanksgiving dinner because the main part of our home is not handicap accessible in that the only toilet facilities downstairs is a tiny half bath that can't be entered with a wheelchair or walker.  Sadly, our family friend, Brooks, from Portsmouth who is in a wheelchair and uses oxygen could not come this year because of the Town's posting that it is "dangerous".  The addition we added to the garage has a half bath on the ground floor that can be used by him and also by my aunt's one remaining sibling, her brother.  It is sad isn't it that a Town would interfere with a family who is trying to take care of each other.  But, I know that I am not the only one with this problem.
I can't tell you how good it feels to have support, we have felt very alone in this battle for the last few years and very confused about how a Town here in New Hampshire (Live Free or Die!) could go to such an extreme against us.
I guess right now it is just important to get the real story out because the Hampton Union published a terrible article yesterday.  They misquoted me and also claimed that the Town "confirmed" violations.
My aunt will be 96 years old on the 23rd of February, and I am hoping she will enjoy a "happy birthday" without worry about losing her life savings and more! I've attached a photo taken last year during a happier Thanksgiving.  It took us a few photos to capture a family portrait, but we did it!
Thank you again,
Barbara

Russell Kanning

JonM

Seeing what just a sparse handful of activists can get up to in New Hampshire is the best example of what can happen when there are THOUSANDS of people willing to throw in a hand to work for greater liberty. ?This is awesome!

Now I've said this before, and I'll probably continue to say it for years to come. ?Attack the bad law. ?Attack the selective enforcement. ?Avoid personally insulting the enforcer. ?These are the tactics of the people who don't have reason behind their arguments. ?It's difficult not to follow the path blazed out by those already in power. ?They've long since given up attacking the ideas in favor of attacking the proponents of the ideas. ?This does little to explore the merits of the idea, and immediately turns off a segment of the audience who might agree with you, if they hadn't tuned you out.

Not to say those tactics won't be used against us. ?We've already seen the words Kathy Sullivan broke out when she learned libertarians were coming to New Hampshire. ?If only one side appears to be a raving lunatic, the other side may get some credit for at least staying civil. ?Just a thought . . .

AlanM

Quote from: JonM on January 08, 2005, 11:11 AM NHFT
Seeing what just a sparse handful of activists can get up to in New Hampshire is the best example of what can happen when there are THOUSANDS of people willing to throw in a hand to work for greater liberty. ?This is awesome!

Now I've said this before, and I'll probably continue to say it for years to come. ?Attack the bad law. ?Attack the selective enforcement. ?Avoid personally insulting the enforcer. ?These are the tactics of the people who don't have reason behind their arguments. ?It's difficult not to follow the path blazed out by those already in power. ?They've long since given up attacking the ideas in favor of attacking the proponents of the ideas. ?This does little to explore the merits of the idea, and immediately turns off a segment of the audience who might agree with you, if they hadn't tuned you out.

Not to say those tactics won't be used against us. ?We've already seen the words Kathy Sullivan broke out when she learned libertarians were coming to New Hampshire. ?If only one side appears to be a raving lunatic, the other side may get some credit for at least staying civil. ?Just a thought . . .

Excellent points Jon. I shall try to refrain from personnal attacks.

Russell Kanning

I will continue personal attacks on people that deserve them. :)
I like to follow in the footsteps of the people that founded this country. Some of them refrained from personal attacks and spent their time in reasonable discourse, but others hung governors in effigy and attacked and accused and threatened King George and his representatives by name.
There is plenty of room for many different kinds of action in NH for liberty. Sometimes there will be ideas posted to this forum, that I don't want to participate in, but that doesn't bother me. If some people want to keep things more civil, I will question their thirst for liberty. As this movement grows, we need to keep the goal in mind and not concern ourselves too much with each others flaws.
I hope you don't mind, when some of us come up with bad ideas. You just don't have to participate. :)

AlanM

Russell,
Keep doing things any way you feel comfortable. I happen to agree with Jon on this, but that doesn't make you, or anyone else wrong, or Jon and myself wrong. Or right. To each his own. Isn't that the very essence of Liberty?

Russell Kanning

I hope each person that joins our "group" feels the same. I have enjoyed the interaction we have had so far and I am not worried that we will lose the passion for liberty. :)

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on January 08, 2005, 12:18 PM NHFT
I hope each person that joins our "group" feels the same. I have enjoyed the interaction we have had so far and I am not worried that we will lose the passion for liberty. :)

Speaking of "groups", I like the idea of using the umbrella name of Liberty Tree Society to do projects under. If the LP. or RLC, or whichever group takes on projects, it might tend prevent some people who are not supporters of a particular group from participating. Just my thoughts.

Russell Kanning

I agree. JP came up with that name and it sounds good to me for whatever people might come up with. :)

AlanM

Three cheers for JP.  ;D
The Liberty Tree Society is now the new Sons of Liberty. With women, of course.

Russell Kanning

Maybe our female members will be our covert operatives...when they are caught, they can reason that it would be impossible for them to be a "Son of Liberty' ;)

JonM

Quote from: russellkanning on January 08, 2005, 11:54 AM NHFT
I will continue personal attacks on people that deserve them. :)
I like to follow in the footsteps of the people that founded this country. Some of them refrained from personal attacks and spent their time in reasonable discourse, but others hung governors in effigy and attacked and accused and threatened King George and his representatives by name.
There is plenty of room for many different kinds of action in NH for liberty. Sometimes there will be ideas posted to this forum, that I don't want to participate in, but that doesn't bother me. If some people want to keep things more civil, I will question their thirst for liberty. As this movement grows, we need to keep the goal in mind and not concern ourselves too much with each others flaws.
I hope you don't mind, when some of us come up with bad ideas. You just don't have to participate. :)

Hanging a governor in effigy is a symbolic attack which, in my opinion, differers from ad hominem attacks calling someone a Fascist power hungry pig.  It's perfectly ok to attack someone for holding certain ideas.  It's fine to attack what they do.  But where is the benefit from ad hominem attacks in getting what we want accomplished?  Those sorts of things are useful for energizing your base.  We don't have a base yet.