• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Start a Blog

Started by Tom Sawyer, May 20, 2007, 03:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Tragedy of the commons... no one owns it thus the resource gets abused. The forum, to me, has gone down hill quite a bit lately.

We have a handful of people that attempt to dominant and spout off in unpleasant and inappropriate ways.

Just because behavior should not be prohibited by law doesn't mean anything goes. In fact responsibility and good taste are what allow freedom to florish.

A blog would be a better place to have a soap box.

Gresham's Law will prevail where bad drives out good.

Libertarian Hippie

You can always ignore them dude.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Libertarian Hippie on May 20, 2007, 03:41 PM NHFT

I have been on this forum long enough to see people come and go. The current climate has gone down quite a bit. People have stopped posting and they then driftaway. All so a few lone wolves can inflate their egos.

Libertarian Hippie

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 20, 2007, 04:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Libertarian Hippie on May 20, 2007, 03:41 PM NHFT

I have been on this forum long enough to see people come and go. The current climate has gone down quite a bit. People have stopped posting and they then driftaway. All so a few lone wolves can inflate their egos.

Me too. Just under different accounts that i've forgotten my username and passwords too :P
The best way to deal with trolls and their like is to ignore them.

David

I have never ignored anyone, and probably never will. 
but I am alarmed by the 'shoot the gov't mentality' that is increasingly present.  There is a time and place for things, and it is not the right time.  You cannot kill an idea.  You cannot treat the govt like an normal singal street thug, they are more like the mafia.  You must treat the gov't like you would any large gang, very carefully. 

powerchuter

Quote from: David on May 20, 2007, 05:24 PM NHFT
but I am alarmed by the 'shoot the gov't mentality' that is increasingly present.  There is a time and place for things, and it is not the right time.  You cannot kill an idea.  You cannot treat the govt like an normal singal street thug, they are more like the mafia.  You must treat the gov't like you would any large gang, very carefully. 

Hey Antonio...
You'a See'a what'a we gotta here...
These'a peoples'a think'a they can rub'a us'a out'a...

And Neo Replies...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5i45DA0qv8

Are you Disturbed yet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drTQaAaCeh0

You should be if you're on the wrong side of this battle...

20,000 Porcupine fists in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Libertarian Hippie

Oh, the "shoot the gov't mentality" you refer to is much much more moderate than it used to be man...
You should have been here last year (or even before that)
This board has a bunch of moderates now
It used to be almost completely anarcho-capitalist, with a few minarchists thrown in

Quote from: David on May 20, 2007, 05:24 PM NHFT

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Libertarian Hippie on May 20, 2007, 08:39 PM NHFT
Oh, the "shoot the gov't mentality" you refer to is much much more moderate than it used to be man...
It used to be almost completely anarcho-capitalist, with a few minarchists thrown in

This is a lie.  You can look back through old posts on this board.

Lloyd Danforth

Lot of talk here.  I know Roger is doing stuff for the movement.  He is as anti-authoritarian as anyone (still alive), as anyone I have ever met. He does everything he says he will.  I know when the shit hits the fan he will have my back.
So, Rob.  You're making signs for Ron Paul.  Thats a good thing.  Now, about the things you claim you are going to do. When are you going to start 'taking out'  bureaucrats, public officials and cops? You gonna just clean your guns until they wear out?

Lloyd Danforth

I will say looking over two pages of unread topics, that the forum is becoming a little boring.

Tom Sawyer

:)

I feel like a relative newcomer to what ya'll created... The thing that I liked most about the underground was meeting people who actually tried to do things to affect positive change.

Can't say I haven't felt anger and frustration, which probably covered the range of "strike back" techniques. I like the phrase I read somewhere that said it was like "shooting a cloud".

Of the men I have met who have actually killed men in battle, to a man, not one of them wanted to talk about it, much less brag about it.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 21, 2007, 07:40 AM NHFT
Of the men I have met who have actually killed men in battle, to a man, not one of them wanted to talk about it, much less brag about it.

Same here.  I'd say the attitude was more remorse and shame.

David

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 21, 2007, 05:53 AM NHFT
Quote from: Libertarian Hippie on May 20, 2007, 08:39 PM NHFT

This is a lie.  You can look back through old posts on this board.

I am an anarcho-capitalist. 
things would heat up when someone is unjustly arrested, but I have not seen the defensive violent streak as pronounced as I am seeing it now.  I believe it is due to the persucution of the Browns, and the resulting rally around them. 
From a pure strategic point of view, the iraqi insurgency Is successful, but the death toll is very high.  furthermore, iraqi statism is alive and well, and at some point they will have a gov't, it just will not be a usa approved version.  That is what happened in this country.  After the revolution, we simply got another gov't.  And today, even as people recognize problems in todays gov't, they are for the most part statists.  And we will get another gov't. 
My focus is to try to nuetralize the ability of any gov't to inflict harm, or punishment on people.  no matter what type of gov't we have.  It doesn't really matter if the dems or gop control gov't, they still enforce their laws through the use of force.  Nonviolent resistance can nuetralize gov't force.  It also, contrary to popular opinion, keep the loss of life down, more than the armed approach.  It is true, that the noviolent resisters initially have less liberty once they are arrested, and are more likely to be arrested, but they are also much more likely to survive the encounter(s) and it is a much more productive method.  This is important, because we may never reduce the almost religious belief in statism that is in this country.  that means, out of neccessity, we must deal with it. 
I choose the more productive method. 

cathleeninnh

What seems to change here on this forum is the talk to action ratio. It swings and that is fine with me. Action certainly is more exciting, but the talk serves it's purpose too. New Hampshire and NHfree is attracting a lot of attention. New people all the time. Not many are going to be on the same page. This is a very good place for people to get things off their chest or out of their system.

I hope we can bear with the talk we have all heard before and share resources and links to bring us all more liberty.

Cathleen

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 21, 2007, 07:40 AM NHFT
:)

I feel like a relative newcomer to what ya'll created...

I assume you are talking about the FSP, as I'm sure you have been in the Underground since the beginning. You are as good a compliment to the org as anyone I have ever met.
As I write this, I want to say that you are also our most 'creative' member, but, I don't spend spend as much time with most of the activist in the state and there may be Gems rolling, one after the other, out of their brains , that I am not aware of.