• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Kuwait abandons US dollar currency peg

Started by Kat Kanning, May 20, 2007, 04:18 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

If the Islamic Gold Dinars are catching on in the Arab world, I would think that gives them insulation against their governments in an area we don't have.

error

So, now then.

The Islamic gold dinar is a rare and valuable bit of metal.

The Iraqi dinar is a pretty colored piece of paper which is a claim on nothing.

Dan

error

I'm still waiting for Rainey to let us know she got through the four money lessons above :)

Dan

. o O ( business/demonstration idea: Bring a big safe to PorcFest.    Charge small fee to store stuff, like PM, ammo, whatever.  Really small, like a dollar a day, just to make a point of what a bank is supposed to be.  )

Kat Kanning

I keep reading this thread thinking it's going to be about Kuwaiti oil being pegged to the dollar.  ::)

Dan

Gary North recently layed out why it is significant that countries are abandoning the USD standard.
  http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/dorsch/2007/0501.html

But it is hard to jump in and read a Gary North article.   :homework:

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 22, 2007, 08:11 AM NHFT
I keep reading this thread thinking it's going to be about Kuwaiti oil being pegged to the dollar.  ::)

Just killing time waiting for the attack

Raineyrocks

Quote from: error on May 21, 2007, 11:30 PM NHFT
I'm still waiting for Rainey to let us know she got through the four money lessons above :)

Sorry Error, I had to take a kid to the doctors. ::)  I had to pin him down so the nurse could swab his throat, he refused to open his mouth and was crying so I had quite a day but anyways the poor little guy has strep throat. 

Okay enough of kid talk! :)  I have learned tons, thank you and I love how you put this: Rainey, one's gold coins, and the other is pretty colored pieces of paper.   ;D

And how lawofattraction put this:My (unsolicited) advice is to forget about dinars and keep studying quantum physics.

And always remember that your pocketbook (candy wrappers and all) is the second most powerful weapon you have in fighting the NWO.

I'm printing the Money 101 post out so I can study it further! :D  Thanks!

Kat Kanning

You might enjoy the book, Whatever Happened to Penny Candy? - it's all about money and how it works.

Dan