• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Checkpoint Alert

Started by TackleTheWorld, May 22, 2007, 09:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: powerpenguin on May 24, 2007, 12:09 AM NHFT
I got myself a copy of the new "Never Get Busted Again" DVD. It is quite good, but has some suggestions contrary to Flex Your Rights' "Busted!" video. This demands a lot of critical thinking! What do other viewers think, given that we are talking about the poLICE here?

I think you should burn as many copies as you can afford and give them away.  I'm sure Ian won't mind

Dave Ridley

i'm leaning toward participating in this on friday

but how do we want  to do it...?  should we just show up in manchester and fan out?  starting at what time?

should we all go to one central location and then each pick a different direction to search out the checkpoint?

my number  is 721 1490 for those of u who might want to contact me as the night unfolds.  if you're going to be there plz send me your cell number.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: Kat Kanning on May 24, 2007, 05:18 AM NHFT
What time are you going out there with your sign on Friday, Lauren?  Do you want other people to show up with signs?  If so, where do you want to meet?

(Can I ride with you?)

Oh boy, a crowd is forming.  This will be fun.
I've got room for Kat and 2 more people.  Anyone else want to get on the dance card?

If someone reports the location, we'll leave ASAP.
If no one finds it, I would like to go on patrol after dark.

powerchuter

I like the Alex Jones videos where he is interviewing thugs at a checkpoint...lol.

I would probably try to make it to something like this...
I might just stand to the side with a Ron Paul sign and thank the thugs for slowing people down so that they can read my signs easier!

cathleeninnh

We know that works. Once down in CT outside the prison, we were well off the road with signs. The police sent a couple of cruisers and blocked one lane of the two lane road to keep an eye on us. It was perfect, because every car had to slow down and read our signs.

Cathleen

lastlady

Quote from: powerchuter on May 24, 2007, 05:10 PM NHFT
I like the Alex Jones videos where he is interviewing thugs at a checkpoint...lol.

I would probably try to make it to something like this...
I might just stand to the side with a Ron Paul sign and thank the thugs for slowing people down so that they can read my signs easier!

Great idea! Maybe with a sign that says "Got privacy? Vote for Ron Paul 2008"

Quantrill

With all the cops out at this checkpoint, what's going on at the police station?
:icon_pirat:

Dave Ridley

Quote from: Quantrill on May 24, 2007, 06:01 PM NHFT
With all the cops out at this checkpoint, what's going on at the police station?
:icon_pirat:

silent demonstration maybe heh heh

Dave Ridley

Here is the text of a flyer i've designed and will plan to print out tomorrow. 

Dear officers:
Is it right to impose police checkpoints?

I have the right to remain silent.  But thanks for wanting to read this flyer.

How much do sobriety checkpoints cost local and state taxpayers?  Are they worth the expense?   Is there any pressure from higher-ups in your department to make a de-facto quota of arrests?

Do checkpoints constitute a slight breach of the "innocent until proven guilty" concept? 

If most people approve of sobriety checkpoints, does that make it right to impose them on harmless people who don't?

Did any of the funding for this checkpoint come from Washington?  Is it right it right to accept money from Washington?   Did Washington take the funds by force from innocent Alaskans, Texans, etc.?

Can you promise us that the scope and power of these checkpoints will never be expanded?   

What would you do if a local citizen withheld her property tax in protest of these checkpoints?  Would you take her house by force?

Do you run the plates of persons passed through your checkpoint?  Will you begin doing so if and when a law is passed which allows random plate-running?  When you discover that there is a warrant out for a driver's arrest...how often is that driver really a threat to others...and how often is she simply outlawed because she's a harmless marijuana smoker?

In slowing or stopping traffic, do checkpoints increase the risk of accidents?

We would welcome your responses to these questions.

www.NHfree.com

Russell Kanning

I say concentrate your efforts in one spot.

sounds like fun 8)

Russell Kanning

I don't think that will all fit on a sign. ;)

powerchuter

A couple of quick comments...

Responding to Dave's post...
The cops run plates all the time...they don't need anyone's permission or encouragement to do so...
They may not admit that they do this...but you can bet that they do...

Responding to GraniteForge's RSA posting...
When is a "law" not a "law"...
Surely these are repugnant to our basic human rights...
And that GD piece of paper too...
(I know some might say that you "gave" your "consent" to be a continual victim of their crap...when you took a driver's license or registered your vehicle...but I'm not necessarily "buying that" since they sometimes forcibly take you to jail and take your vehicle if you can't produce either for them...so they are "claiming" jurisdiction even without your consent of any supposed "jurisdiction")

Pat McCotter

The Pembroke PD sign says that there is a sobriety checkpoint this weekend. No idea exactly where or when.

Dan

Quote from: GraniteForge on May 24, 2007, 11:20 PM NHFT
Section 265:4
    265:4 Disobeying an Officer. –
    I. No person, while driving or in charge of a vehicle, shall:
       (a) Refuse, when requested by a law enforcement officer, to give his name, address, date of birth, and the name and address of the owner of such vehicle;

My recent experience with police after the liberty forum, from the passenger seat:
Officer: May I see your driver's license?
Me: Do I have to?
Officer: Yes.
Officer: What is your social security number?
Me: (incredulous) Do I have to?
Office: Yes.

I brought this up to the prosecutor and he said it was 'Irrelevant'.

(Edit: Actually, I think I slurred it as: "Am I required to?" both times.  Man time flies and memory fades.... )

error

Cops lie.

The Supreme Court has said that you have to identify yourself during a stop, even if you aren't driving. It didn't say what sort of identification would be sufficient. But the police don't need a social security number to identify you. Your name and date of birth are sufficient.