• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Checkpoint Alert

Started by TackleTheWorld, May 22, 2007, 09:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

ok one question...are they doing these all day or just at night?

also what are thought to be the likely locations?

Dreepa

Quote from: GraniteForge on May 24, 2007, 11:20 PM NHFT

If a given checkpoint is conducted pursuant to such a court order, the checkpoint personnel should have a copy that citizens may inspect to verify the given checkpoint's compliance with 265:1-a.

gotta make sure to ask for that.

Quote from: GraniteForge on May 24, 2007, 11:20 PM NHFT

(d) Refuse, on demand of such officer, to sign his name in the presence of such officer;

Demand, huh?  How about request.
Also I find this one interesting... sign it to what?  Mayhaps this one should be clarified next Leg session.

Dave Ridley

ok so another good thing to do would be approach the checkoint on foot and ask to see the court order.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: DadaOrwell on May 25, 2007, 08:55 AM NHFT

ok one question...are they doing these all day or just at night?

also what are thought to be the likely locations?

Past checkpoints have been reported at

• Manchester    Elm St.
  • Near Lincoln on southbound I-93
  • Epsom Hwy 4
  • Pembroke Hwy 28

Ogre

One tactic I have used successfully here in NC (which I do not know if it would be "legal" in NH based on those laws quoted in this thread) -- when I see a checkpoint, I turn around.  Yes, right there in the middle of the road, I do a 3-point turn (completely following all traffic laws, of course).  And yes, every time the police just go bananas and chase me down.  I stop and s..l..o..w..l..y comply with all their requests and directions.

In each case, they have been rather amazed to find that I have not been drinking or stoned.  When they ask why I turned around, I claim I didn't see the checkpoint and forgot something at home that I wanted to go back for.

I've never gotten any citation while doing this (inspections, registration, and all equipment is checked before doing this), but I take pleasure in knowing that I've wasted their time and caused them to not be bothering others while I'm doing this.  However, in NH, I'm not sure if this would violate 1(c) of that quoted law...

Kat Kanning

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on May 24, 2007, 04:04 PM NHFT
Oh boy, a crowd is forming.  This will be fun.
I've got room for Kat and 2 more people.  Anyone else want to get on the dance card?

Kira would like to come along, too.  Is there room?

TackleTheWorld

Yep, there's room for Kira.

TackleTheWorld

Message from Dada Orwell through poic911:

QuoteThis is Dada here requesting a verbatim
transcription of my message to the nhfree dot com forum
Under the "checkpoint alert" thread.
I am driving to Manchester at about 1pm and will be available for activity
probably starting around 3pm.
I do have some things to get done but I would appreciate it
if people would call me should they locate
a checkpoint or if they have anything to tell me about what's going on with our checkpoint activism today
I am at 721-1490, that's my phone number, on my cell, and I have one cell phone number.
and we will just uh be around and ready to do stuff.
I understand there will be a checkpoint in Pembroke... Pembrook (chuckle)
but I don't know if we're going to do anything
in relation to that.  Certainly if it were to be located it would probably be a place to go and do things.
Anyway, I look forward to seeing any of you that could make it up.
Thanks guys, Bye

KBCraig

Quote from: Ogre on May 25, 2007, 11:21 AM NHFT
One tactic I have used successfully here in NC (which I do not know if it would be "legal" in NH based on those laws quoted in this thread) -- when I see a checkpoint, I turn around.

Several years ago when I spent a lot of time on I-30 between Texarkana and Little Rock, I would frequently see big, official-looking warning signs temporarily posted beside the interstate: "WARNING! DRUG TASK FORCE CHECKPOINT 1 MILE AHEAD! HAVE ID READY!"

These were posted so that when drivers first saw them, to avoid the "checkpoint", they'd have to suddenly brake and exit. Right into the real checkpoint, which was looking for people doing exactly that.

And of course, there was no checkpoint on the interstate itself. Just another lie.

lordmetroid

There we have that weasel word 'person' in there again... You as a human/individual/man or woman clearly can't be charged for that as the word person would refer to a legal entity.

If you say your date of birth you would be in fact relying hearsay because you have no idea of when you was actually born. The creation of the legal entity the person is documented by the paperwork though. So if you say your "birthdate" you will implicate that you are acting as the legal entity.

Caleb

Ok, so here's a question:  Immigration checkpoints ... where are they?  When are you most likely to run into them?  I'm wanting to do a little fun event on Memorial Day taking on an immigration checkpoint.  But I don't know when is best to go or where is the best place to go.

Caleb

error

There's a permanent one on I-91 at the southbound rest area at White River Junction.

CNHT

Quote from: Ogre on May 25, 2007, 11:21 AM NHFT
One tactic I have used successfully here in NC (which I do not know if it would be "legal" in NH based on those laws quoted in this thread) -- when I see a checkpoint, I turn around.  Yes, right there in the middle of the road, I do a 3-point turn (completely following all traffic laws, of course).  And yes, every time the police just go bananas and chase me down.  I stop and s..l..o..w..l..y comply with all their requests and directions.

In each case, they have been rather amazed to find that I have not been drinking or stoned.  When they ask why I turned around, I claim I didn't see the checkpoint and forgot something at home that I wanted to go back for.

I've never gotten any citation while doing this (inspections, registration, and all equipment is checked before doing this), but I take pleasure in knowing that I've wasted their time and caused them to not be bothering others while I'm doing this.  However, in NH, I'm not sure if this would violate 1(c) of that quoted law...

Be careful -- I did that once (turned around innocently) and had a gun inside the window and in my face in two minutes.

John

Auburn
Police will conduct a "sobriety checkpoints" . . . Undisclosed locations Friday and Saturday nights.

Rosie the Riveter

Message from Dave left around midnight --

Checkpoint located about 10 blocks south of Murphy's Taproom on Elm St. in Manchester. They are currently demonstrating and plan to continuing demonstration till 1:00 am or as late as possibly 2 or 3 am.

Call 721-1490 for more information.

I will add that they, 4 nhfreers, left my house at about 11:00 pm and they have yet to return it is 1:35...

~Respectfully Rosie