• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Checkpoint Alert

Started by TackleTheWorld, May 22, 2007, 09:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosie the Riveter

TackleTheWorld

There were four of us waving signs and flags downstream of the sobriety checkpoint.  There were about four police cars, they didn't bother us.  In fact they offered us some water.  Motorists mostly ignored us, but a few honked and a few yelled opposition.  As the bars were closing at 1am there appeared an eight foot tall sign before the checkpoint saying "checkpoint ahead".  About 5 minutes later a cop at the checkpoint asked me if I put up the sign and said if I did could I please take it down when I left.  So we still have the sign to use again. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

error

Demonstration at night. I love it! Too bad I had to get my beauty sleep.

Tom Sawyer

8)
Great job.

(The photo is kind of an impressionist painting.  :) )

Russell Kanning

no hassles from the police  .... it was a good night :)

Dave Ridley

regarding immigration checkpoints, error wrote

<<There's a permanent one on I-91 at the southbound rest area at White River Junction.>>

the structure is permanant i think, but it's not always manned if I understand correctly.

Dave Ridley

i  think we got about 30 positive responses and five negative

Russell Kanning

what's a negative response?

"I love checkpoints and I love showing off my 'papers'!" :(

or the standard "get a job"

TackleTheWorld

This checkpoint was very lightweight, no arrests or handcuffs sighted. Only a few sobriety checks.  The police took breaks and waved only one car off for questioning at a time.  I've never seen a sobriety checkpoint before, but it seemed they were there just for show. 

Dave Ridley

one gal said "checkpoints are great"... probably a cop's girl or she just likes being engaged by healthy males.

Dave Ridley

i did approach the checkpoint on foot and talked to the Lt. in charge...Hopkins, I think.  He was cool. 

But I asked him for a copy of the court order and he said he didn't have it.  I told him I intended no disrespect, and that I was not certain of the RSA.....but my understanding was that he was supposed to provide one upon request.  I asked for his name and said I'd probably call his sup on Tuesday and inquire.   He looked a little stunned but was not at all hostile.   Later josh suggested I call right away, so I rang up the captain on duty and he seemed to be of the opinion that they are not required to carry the order with them, only to provide it at the station.

I told him that for all I knew he might be correct, that I would have to check the RSA.   I said it was worth inquiring, just on the off chance we might be able to get this particular checkpoing shut down immediately :)   We both got a laugh out of that.

He suggested I call Captain Mara (sp?) on Monday; I said I would probably only do so if a closer look at the RSA showed them to be in violation.

So ... who want to take a closer look at the RSA?

Quantrill

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXI/265/265-mrg.htm

I haven't found anything that said the cops need to have a copy at the checkpoint.
:(

Quantrill

Couple Pics...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dan

Quote from: error on May 26, 2007, 05:15 AM NHFT

You sleep?!

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: error on May 26, 2007, 05:15 AM NHFT

Hows that working for you?